Crossmen 2011

CROSSMEN 2011

Everyone loves the show..

hummable music

powerful brass

grooving percussion -That is not a 18th place line.

great guard

17th place again..I DONT GET IT AT ALL.

watched .

should be 15th with a touch up to 12 th.

3.25 from 12th.

There is no way, all of a sudden, Crossmen percussion is 18th. Something is very, very wrong.

• Like 1

Everyone should know by now that DCI judging is a becoming a BIG joke. If you are a corps in a certain tier you are not judged, but just handed a score. How can you go from a 16.5 in percussion the night before to a 14.8, and be points behind the corps around you that you have been beating in percussion. It's funny how the corps in the top 6 can see an escalation of scores every night, but others stall and in most cases see their scores fall. It is inconsistency at best and demoralizing! It is why the activity is in a death spiral, and can not endure for long. This result is why the G8 will take over and push everyone else out of the picture. Wait until the winter meetings, they are going to demand a bigger part of the pie until DCI is just a memory. It is fans like me who have been attending shows for over 30 years are now loosing interest, and elect to do something else on a hot summer night. The shows are boring, now you have to think to understand the show like the Cadets, you have electronics to help sell the show, what happened to just being fun, loud and entertaining. Oh, wait that is what the Crossmen are doing and guess what you get no credit. It makes one scratch your head and asks what are the judges doing?

I talked w some crossmen staff yesterday. They feel the cOrps is still being judged by the performances/shows of the past few years. Slotting to some degree. I agree. Evidence that by the Drop In scores overnite. I know that has been talked about here for a bit. I was being impartial til now. But I totally agree now.

Edited by TxBigfoot

I talked w some crossmen staff yesterday. They feel the cOrps is still being judged by the performances/shows of the past fee years. Slotting to some degree. I agree. Evidence that by the Drop In scores overnite. I know that has been talked about here for a bit. I was being impartial til now. But I agree totally

We've been previously "called out" for such things as the roll speed of our timpanist. (Yes...I am serious)

We don't have a timpanist, and we don't even use any sounds that resemble timpani.

When judges dock you for things that don't even exist, it's pretty hard to succeed.

Anyways, the Crossmen had their best show of the season last night - I couldn't be more proud of them.

Kinda ridiculous if u ask me. Kinds like being called out for thr sixth bass drum not playing in time. Or The clarinets are Playing to loud. Go figure

We've been previously "called out" for such things as the roll speed of our timpanist. (Yes...I am serious)

We don't have a timpanist, and we don't even use any sounds that resemble timpani.

When judges dock you for things that don't even exist, it's pretty hard to succeed.

Anyways, the Crossmen had their best show of the season last night - I couldn't be more proud of them.

I heard about that? Makes me pretty ###### off at the way this whole DCI thing works.

Edited by xbones7480

To my beloved Bones,

You put on a great show last night. So above all things remember: You are not defined by a number. Not by a score, or placement, or a judge. You must choose your own definition and value.

I hope you always remember the Southwest Regional. Remember the feeling you had when the audience gave you a standing ovation as you came onto the field, when they laughed and enjoyed the musical humor during Spinning wheel, when tears were brought up by the hanuting melody of Hallelujah. And especially when we came to our feet at the conclusion of your performance. The feeling you had at those moment is what defines you, both as individuals and as a corps.

There have been others who came before you. Thier definition included Unity. Keeping their heads held high even in the face of adversity. Pride.

The rest of the season belongs to you. Not the judges and certainly not a number on a piece of paper. So forget the scores and the judges. And perform in such a way as to define yourself as champion, unity and most importantly... Crossmen!

I am so proud of you!

jO

When all else fades, the Bones will remain!

Edited by proudTXmom
  • Like 3