First Annual Baritone Blow Off and Beer Bash

randomnoise

I still play on a king two valve,and even though the rest of the line has three valve degs(or kanstuls) I wouldnt trade it in for ANYTHING.I wove my horn.LOL

J :P

I played a two valve King K-20 in the 80's BD.  Without a doubt the best horn of it's time.  I was lucky to come across one last year after starting the year on tin can Dynasty that somehow forgot that a high E was in the scale.  Athough I now play a Kanstul my heart is with my King.  That very horn is making an appearance with the Renegades minicorps in Boston this weekend without me!  I had to work so it went on loan, I hope it has a good time.  

Dugada

Loud IS Good ]:-)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kanstul 3-valve frenchie was supremely superior to the mello I'm playing on now...... (that shall remain nameless)

the valve response on this horn I'm playing on now, even after it's been worked on, just sucks compared to that kanstul.

-Terri (kanstul fan)

Hey hey.....this is about baritones  :yikes:

My kanstul 3-valve frenchie was supremely superior to the mello I'm playing on now...... (that shall remain nameless)

the valve response on this horn I'm playing on now, even after it's been worked on, just sucks compared to that kanstul.

-Terri (kanstul fan)

Hey hey.....this is about baritones  :yikes:

Baritone - sorpano.  The only difference I've seen is that the higher the note you play on a sop the more likely the horn won't release with the rest of the horn line.  Never figured that one out.   (:-D

The only difference I've seen is that the higher the note you play on a sop the more likely the horn won't release with the rest of the horn line.  Never figured that one out.   (:-D

LOL LOL LOL - never figured out those skid marks either...

Although it does make it exciting for the fans...

Like - did you hear those mother####### sopranos scream that last passage - got to love it - and the Renegades are full of hosses like that - can't wait to hear you this summer.

I guess the consensus is King/Kanstul's RULE and DEG/Dynasty drools - at least in key of G drum and BUGLE corps - LOL.  Kinda like West is Best and...  you know the rest - just an opinion like sphincter muscles - everyone has one.   :P

West is best at what???  Definately not football!

Remember---Idaho is part of the west.....shuddddddder

West is best at what???  Definately not football!

Remember---Idaho is part of the west.....shuddddddder

Come on Frank - you know I live in Denver...Remember those Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos...back to back baby... I won't even mention the SF.. oops.  I think they have a few Super Bowls under their belt also.  Drum and Bugle Corps champions - Troopers, Kingsmen, SCV, BD... Speaking of Idaho - it has some of the most beautiful landscape in the country.  Can you say Rocky Mountains?  Beats the poop out of living in the frozen tundra - LOL.  Now you know this is all OT and in fun....... :D

Come on Frank - you know I live in Denver...Remember those Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos...back to back baby

That's Rocky Mountain states :)

... I won't even mention the SF.. oops.

And who knocked them out of the playoffs last year????  And several times before that--98 was a fluke--but every other time they played in the playoffs!!

I think they have a few Super Bowls under their belt also.  

Just a few--but who did they beat?? Bengals twice?? Broncos?  Bills? Chargers?  :)

Drum and Bugle Corps champions - Troopers, Kingsmen, SCV, BD...

That's a given

Speaking of Idaho - it has some of the most beautiful landscape in the country.  Can you say Rocky Mountains?  

And lots of whacked out right wing militias.  Oh wait....they're all libertarians, that's right, just like me!!! :)

Beats the poop out of living in the frozen tundra - LOL.  Now you know this is all OT and in fun....... :D

Of course it is...and one day soon, I hope to be living farther west than you!!!! :)  The sooner the better! Madison's getting really boring.

Vegas baby!!!!   And I did find a Packer bar there already!!!  (:-D

The only difference I've seen is that the higher the note you play on a sop the more likely the horn won't release with the rest of the horn line.  Never figured that one out.   (:-D

LOL LOL LOL - never figured out those skid marks either...

Although it does make it exciting for the fans...

Like - did you hear those mother####### sopranos scream that last passage - got to love it - and the Renegades are full of hosses like that - can't wait to hear you this summer.

That's an easy one to answer. We just turn everything into a jazz lick.Then it's law you have to hangover.

74 Madison---Chris Metzger hangs over at the end of God Bless the Child with some ridicuously high note.  So does John Georgeson on baritone in the same piece.  They got that right off the Blood, Sweat and Tears version of the song where Lou Soloff does it.

So that's where these sop players get that from.  Sometimes it actually fits, most of the time it doesn't.