Indianapolis Pit Stop

You cannot compare the numbers from year to year, EVER. Not even at finals. And the fact that the "top 8" has already met head to head this early int he season, the numbers will already be a little off from the "norm" of other seasons... and it will be interesting to see if the usual west coast inflation happens... different corps out west this year.

I'm a little concerned about Madison's score because last year they were

scoring 71s at the first three or four shows. But maybe it doesn't mean anything...

different year, different judges, etc.

judges trying to fit corps into the scores spreads from this weekend, even though they weren't at those shows.

Crossmen are down 7 points vs. their first show last year, and Troppers are also down 3 or so.

Looks like Troop may be primed to make a push back into finals. I know that this is only one show, but, the score is much higher than they have been getting for their first show in the last few years. I only hope that there wasn't a bit of score inflation because the top 8 are nowhere to be seen in Indy! :thumbup:

And I know people will say not to compare across shows, but.... I am willing to bet a great deal of Texas barbeque that the judges tonight knew how things played out in Texas this weekend.

Well, yes, anyone can look online.

But that doesn't really matter, because tonight's judges weren't actually the judges at the Texas shows, which means they were just as in the dark as they would have been otherwise. Pioneer went on first and got a 50, so from that point, it simply becomes a spread game. They thought Crossmen were 10 points better, Troop was 3 points better than that, and Madison was 19 points better than that.

Shows with so few corps tend to have that effect, especially when the competition level varies by a large amount.

Again, tomorrow will be a much better test. Troop, Crossmen and Madison go against Blue Stars and Bluecoats, so we'll get real data.

scoring 71s at the first three or four shows. But maybe it doesn't mean anything...

After the "Cesario directive" and until things shake out a little, I'm not sure the numbers mean a blooming thing.

judges trying to fit corps into the scores spreads from this weekend, even though they weren't at those shows.

Crossmen are down 7 points vs. their first show last year, and Troopers are also down 3 or so.

I seem to remember that Troop was in the high 50's last year and in 2009.

You cannot compare the numbers from year to year, EVER. Not even at finals.

Exactly this.

A 98 one year does not mean that every show that ever got a 98 or will get a 98 is of the same quality. The scale is not static, it is meant to cater to the spread.

Edited by geluf

Looks like Troop may be primed to make a push back into finals. I know that this is only one show, but, the score is much higher than they have been getting for their first show in the last few years. I only hope that there wasn't a bit of score inflation because the top 8 are nowhere to be seen in Indy! :thumbup:

Last year Troopers came out with a 65.2

not that that is a reason to remove your optimism. Just that last year they came out with a higher raw number.

I thought the same thing to when I saw that but I think beginning scores in general are lower than last year. I mean BD had a 79 starting last year or something like that and this time around got a 74. If it makes you feel any better, Blue Stars started with a 64.75.

Edited by Armyscout

Last year Troopers came out with a 65.2

not that that is a reason to remove your optimism. Just that last year they came out with a higher raw number.

Maybe I am wrong on the numbers, but, the scores throughout DCI seem to be lower than last year.