Indianapolis Pit Stop

Another thing to remember is that tonight's shows have "mid-week" judges. The judges that normally judge the regionals and finals are not normally much of a force on the scores in these mid-week shows. The "unknowns" hold much more sway. As mentioned, the five-member panel can also mean wild swings in scores, as each caption is a straight add versus the TX shows, where all but GE were averaged.

Edited by noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 1

It never fails every year in every marching activity people get worked up over scores at the beginning of the season. There needs to be a web page that we direct everyone to, to explain things. Like a clear outline of how things work, and what you can compare and what you cannot compare. It can be confusing for some people. I know I only get it because I've been paying very close attention to scores, spreads, and recaps since I first started following the activity about 7 or 8 years ago. I love analyzing the scores and recaps, and predicting future scores and spreads. In 2006 and 2008 it was so much fun seeing Phantom's late season rise through the numbers.

I'm a numbers geek. But the scores are so much more than just that raw number they announce.

• Like 1

The only thing the numbers are useful for is comparing spreads at the same show.

So simply stated... and yet so true.

It never fails every year in every marching activity people get worked up over scores at the beginning of the season. There needs to be a web page that we direct everyone to, to explain things. Like a clear outline of how things work, and what you can compare and what you cannot compare. It can be confusing for some people. I know I only get it because I've been paying very close attention to scores, spreads, and recaps since I first started following the activity about 7 or 8 years ago. I love analyzing the scores and recaps, and predicting future scores and spreads. In 2006 and 2008 it was so much fun seeing Phantom's late season rise through the numbers.

I'm a numbers geek. But the scores are so much more than just that raw number they announce.

This is the greatest idea in the history of DCP. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Like 1

I'm a little concerned about Madison's score because last year they were

scoring 71s at the first three or four shows. But maybe it doesn't mean anything...

different year, different judges, etc.

The scouts first show last season was also a little bit later on than this season. 4-5 days of show days had come and gone before they even competed for the first time.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry much about scores at this juncture....Blue Stars got a 66 on the 19th....and last year they started out with a 74....and I doubt they are 8 points off of last year. As stated earlier....spreads, etc., throughout the season make more sense....and when they all get to regional shows and compete with each other.

The scouts first show last season was also a little bit later on than this season. 4-5 days of show days had come and gone before they even competed for the first time.

Where r the box scores?