Mesa Mess Hall

Holy goosebump city! Cadets were on fire. Crowd ate it up. Even Hop was psyched during the percussion feature. The shiny silver and gold poles were extremely effective under the lights. Lots of ooohs and ahhhs during the show. The ballad was beautiful and the closer was booking.

They're getting solid general effect numbers right now and once they clean their show I see nothing but upward movement.

On a side note, most corps are surprisingly better tonight than last night. Thought the long drive and heat would be a deterent, but I guess not. Hey, it's a dry heat.

BD up.

Good job Cadets :thumbup:

Early season hype and excitement beats heat anyway!!! Glad corps doing well had to be a rough day for all that travelled last night!:)

• Like 1

BD slowly starting to sell their show. Crowd gave them a solid ovation tonight. Still many little phrasing and timing issues. Not much else to say that I didn't say last night. Something is missing with this show.

Academy's uniform is dark and sleek. Maybe a little too much black. They sort of look like Magic of Orlando. Here we go.

• Like 3

After watching all Top 8 shows, just from first impressions... Cadets look like they have the show to beat this year. It's a long season, but it has Championship written all over it

• Like 3

First off, congratulations to Academy on their 10th anniversary. Good job to all! You're a shining example of how to start, grow, and maintain a drum corps from scratch.

This may be Academy's best hornline and percussion section in their history. The first hit was quite sublime. There were some attack, release, and overblowing issues with some members trying to be heroes. They definitely have a top 12 music program. Visually it's another story. All the black really muddies the visual. The guard did not have their uniform and were dressed in black, so that didn't help. I also did not really understand what the program was about. Solid program with room to grow. Looks like they were marching some holes, including a snare hole.

This was a great night. Temp cooled down by Phoenix standards and everyone brought it tonight. The crowd got more enthusiastic as the night went on.

• Like 3

Good job tonight; u going to more shows on West Coast tour Whiskey? Glad no one melted in the Heat tonight