Percussion Judge

At the Austin, TX movie theater cinecast, I noticed that the percussion judge was running around on the field at the first show.

Wasn't there a rule that kept the percussion judge off the field until July 4? Did that get changed back in some winter meeting? I was unaware if this is the case, but I was surprised to see the percussion judge on the field.

thx

I dont know the answer to your question, but I would hypothesize that it would have to do with having a full panel vs not having one. Since the early shows were DCI events with full panels....I guess that particular rule was lifted for those shows....just a guess

Is it actually a rule? I always thought they just gave the judges a chance to learn the shows a bit before they went on the field (although it apparently doesn't help many), and to save money on flying the judges out and paying them for it. Didn't know it was actually a rule.

At the Austin, TX movie theater cinecast, I noticed that the percussion judge was running around on the field at the first show.

Wasn't there a rule that kept the percussion judge off the field until July 4? Did that get changed back in some winter meeting? I was unaware if this is the case, but I was surprised to see the percussion judge on the field.

thx

I would imagine a full panel at these shows is more enticing to all involved. The smaller, early shows are good places for DCI to save money on the judges: I don't have a problem with them having full panels at the larger shows

if it's a regional or otherwise specially designated show that gets the full panel, the percussion judge will be on the field. Otherwise, they go upstairs til 7/4