Don't know how to use the copy feature but I wanted to ask Cop meant by:

BK guard seems to jive with the level of show given to horns and drums.

Blue Knights 2011 production is another good year, more fun then they have been since:

1991 9 87.700 Savannah River Holiday Amazon * Outdoor Overture * Aspen Jubilee Amazon

1992 9 90.000 Portraits of Aaron Copland - Billy the Kid Amazon * Corral Nocturne (from Rodeo) * The Red Pony Amazon * Chorale and Shaker Dance

1993 10 85.000 The Next Generation - Battle in the Mutara Nebula (from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn) * Clear All Moorings (From Star Trek VI) * Star Trek VI

1994 7 88.400 Trittico for Brass Band - Trittico for Brass Band

2010 Europa

2011 English Folk song suite

So, the above shows are some of my favorite BK shows ever... The cool part is 2010 and 2011 are now part of my favorite BK shows.

BK's 2011 guard, is a big part of why I enjoy this production so much... BK guard costumes look fantastic from the stands..

I enjoy this BK guard a whole lot, as I enjoy all aspects of their show and full corps.. very balanced in design and performance. (it all jives together)

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

Blue Knights 2011 production is another good year, more fun then they have been since:

1991 9 87.700 Savannah River Holiday Amazon * Outdoor Overture * Aspen Jubilee Amazon

1992 9 90.000 Portraits of Aaron Copland - Billy the Kid Amazon * Corral Nocturne (from Rodeo) * The Red Pony Amazon * Chorale and Shaker Dance

1993 10 85.000 The Next Generation - Battle in the Mutara Nebula (from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn) * Clear All Moorings (From Star Trek VI) * Star Trek VI

2010 Europa

So, the above shows are some of my favorite BK shows ever... The cool part is 2010 and 2011 are now part of my favorite BK shows.

BK's 2011 guard, is a big part of why I enjoy this production so much... BK guard costumes look fantastic from the stands..

I enjoy this BK guard a whole lot, as I enjoy all aspects of their show and full corps.. very balanced in design and performance. (it all jives together)

Well said. But, you didn't like us in '97 or '98???? hahahahaha :tongue:

Wes P

2010 Europa

Thank you very much, this is my daughter's first year in the guard. My son has been doing visual for the past 5 years. He and Wes marched together in '98. Love Blue Knights, great show this year.

IMO (and just from video which is really terrible for watching guards... pit closeups? reallly? bring back the colorguard angle on the dvds please )

Cavies / Crown utilize the triad all the time and are CLEAN

BD sry you stand still too much. also dirtier than most ppl notice 'cause they SELL IT like nobody's business.

SCV / Cadets / BK / BS in no particular order. honestly cadets could easily fall to the next group.

PR / BC / BAC / MS / Gmen in no particular order

I have heard that I will change my opinion about the MS tomorrow night --- looking forward to it. it's been a LONG time since a scouts guard was fierce.

Am I incorrect about this, or didn't the Cadets use larger poles/flags from say '92-'98 or so? I thought they were using 7' poles (or at least larger than 6') with these giant silks that just had dynamite visual impact and made their super clean work that much more impressive. Then they went back to a more standard size at some point and it has never seemed the same to me. It just comes across as more ordinary when it used to be unlike anyone else.

That sounds right to me. Definitely weren't using those larger poles in '05, which was their last guard title (right? should fact check that) and was decidedly less immaculate than some other years... but SUCH a great book... and, frankly, as clean as you can probably get with that poles (like bd '10 and cavs '02, frankly).

But I still miss Cadets from '04, backward...

& I agree with whomever said BD is dirty. But they're about where they should be in early july. And they're catching those tosses like whoa...

& I agree with whomever said BD is dirty. But they're about where they should be in early july. And they're catching those tosses like whoa...

They were dirty at finals last year (dons asbestos suit).

But they SELL SELL SELL .

Watch them catch a triple and you'd think it was the most amazing toss ever. It's like Jaffar and the snake staff !

Cavies / Crown utilize the triad all the time and are CLEAN

Does anyone else find the constant triad increasingly not-interesting? Cavs and Crown are arguably the most talented lines out there. I wish their designers would take a few more risks and mix it up a little.

Does anyone else find the constant triad increasingly not-interesting? Cavs and Crown are arguably the most talented lines out there. I wish their designers would take a few more risks and mix it up a little.

I'm a little confused why always utilizing body / equipment / form would be "not-interesting". That's pretty much maxing it out.

I'm not suggesting that they use all 3 all the time. But please explore interesting combinations of the three.

Anyway... please expand "more risks".

Edited by corpsband

They were dirty at finals last year (dons asbestos suit).

But they SELL SELL SELL .

Watch them catch a triple and you'd think it was the most amazing toss ever. It's like Jaffar and the snake staff !

Yes, they were. And someone dropped a flag in the opener. :shutup: But the flag work in that opener was fairly deceptive. Very intricate and difficult.

I'm wary of their perfect 20s. But then, the guard that really set the precedent for that was Cavs '02, and I tend to think they deserved it less than BD '10 did (BD '09 was pretty freakin clean...)... Cavs 02 was lovely. But d-i-i-i-i-rty.

re: Jafar and the snake staff... Nice. :cool: