Cedarburg Show 7/3

So, not show-related, but what's up with the street addresses in Cedarburg? The show was at "W68 N611 Evergreen Blvd" and looking at various Cedarburg sites online, I see all the addresses are like that. I've never seen such a system before. Anyone know the history or the system?

According to a local paper it happened in the 1970s to help the police and fire departments. Similar street name problem. The GPS system made it much easier! 4 local towns still use the system. They tried to vote it out in Cedarburg last fall. The vote failed.

So, not show-related, but what's up with the street addresses in Cedarburg? The show was at "W68 N611 Evergreen Blvd" and looking at various Cedarburg sites online, I see all the addresses are like that. I've never seen such a system before. Anyone know the history or the system?

west 68 and north 611. Gives an exact location in the town. It is used all over, except in the cities.

Come on now, Dale, you expect us to believe that you guys will even make it to the Cedarburg show after tailgating across from the winery??:smile:

Sure! Got to the show on time, only to have a half hour delay because of the no show corps. Not sure why they just did not bump up the times. Must be a rule on that. Loved Pioneer and Troopers. Those DMs are awesome and do a great job pulling good performances out of their groups.

Sure! Got to the show on time, only to have a half hour delay because of the no show corps. Not sure why they just did not bump up the times. Must be a rule on that. Loved Pioneer and Troopers. Those DMs are awesome and do a great job pulling good performances out of their groups.

They can't bump up the times that late in the day because the corps have set their schedules to their known performance time. If they showed up at the stadium and someone said to them, oh by the way so and so didn't show up so you'll be going on 20 minutes earlier that screws up their preshow preparations. That would not be fair to the organizations to just change their times to an earlier time without at least a day's notice.