What's up with DCP score page?

I probably ask this every year (memory is the first thing to go), but if you go to the DCP Scores and Stats page, select "Corps History" and then show the Overall Score for Crown, Cavies, or Madison (for example) you'll see the scores for the last shows in Bristol or Michigan City in the 50s. But, when you click on those shows, it displays the correct and much higher score. I don't see this for BD, SCV, or Cadets.

What's going on? East Coast deflation? :tongue:

Also, the "High Scores" chart shows scores for 7/3. Shouldn't Crown be listed with highest overall score of 81.6 instead of Cadets? (Yes, as of a few minutes ago, the new high score is the Cavies with 83.0 for 7/5.)

Things just seem odd.

Thanks!

I probably ask this every year (memory is the first thing to go), but if you go to the DCP Scores and Stats page, select "Corps History" and then show the Overall Score for Crown, Cavies, or Madison (for example) you'll see the scores for the last shows in Bristol or Michigan City in the 50s. But, when you click on those shows, it displays the correct and much higher score. I don't see this for BD, SCV, or Cadets.

Also, the "High Scores" chart shows scores for 7/3. Shouldn't Crown be listed with highest overall score of 81.6 instead of Cadets? (Yes, as of a few minutes ago, the new high score is the Cavies with 83.0 for 7/5.)

Things just seem odd.

Thanks!

Michael Scott has been promoted from Manager of the Scranton, Pa. office of The Dunder- Mifflin Co. to DCI HQ. last month and it is expected to take him a few more months to get the DCI Score site up and running efficiently.

Edited by BRASSO

Michael Scott has been promoted from Manager of the Scranton, Pa. office of The Dunder- Mifflin Co. to DCI HQ. last month and it is expected to take him a few more months to get the DCI Score site up and running efficiently.

OK--so, does the DCP scores connect with the DCI site somehow and that's what is throwing things off? I'm confused.

OK--so, does the DCP scores connect with the DCI site somehow and that's what is throwing things off? I'm confused.

I don't really know. But I've got an email in to Al Gore to see if it's got something to do with the Internet connection. When he emails me back, I'll let you know what his take is on this.

same thing is happening with the DCA side of things too. some pretty screwy numbers

No confusion, the waffles are not ready yet.

• Like 1

same thing is happening with the DCA side of things too. some pretty screwy numbers

If you want a chuckle, SERIOUSLY ? ...go onto the DCI website... click on "scores"... then go to left column " rankings ", then next page to " 2011 Competitive rankings ", then go right column to " Final score ", and scroll down to the " Music Ensemble " rankings.

Here are the official DCI " Music Ensemble " rankings as of July 5th :

1) Cadets

2) Crown

3) Cavaliers

4) Madison Scouts

5) Bluecoats

6) Blue Devils

7) Boston Crusaders

8) Phantom Regiment

9) Blue Knights

10)Spirit

11)Blue Stars

12) Santa Clara Vanguard

13) Crossmen

14) Academy

15) Glassmen

16) Troopers

17) Colts

Things just seem odd.

Thanks!

Have you tried checking caption scores? some corps score zero on several captions. In overall unweighted scores half of the corps go missing.

Have you tried checking caption scores? some corps score zero on several captions. In overall unweighted scores half of the corps go missing.

If I tried to figure out the methodology used in all these rankings that are out there, I'd get a bigger headache than Nancy Grace has today. My head would probably explode sooner than hers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

If you want a chuckle, SERIOUSLY ? ...go onto the DCI website... click on "scores"... then go to left column " rankings ", then next page to " 2011 Competitive rankings ", then go right column to " Final score ", and scroll down to the " Music Ensemble " rankings.

Here are the official DCI " Music Ensemble " rankings as of July 5th :

1) Cadets

2) Crown

3) Cavaliers

4) Madison Scouts

5) Bluecoats

6) Blue Devils

7) Boston Crusaders

8) Phantom Regiment

9) Blue Knights

10)Spirit

11)Blue Stars