Staff behavior concerns...examples/solutions

I have been to a couple of shows where a staff member from a corps came up and sat in the aisle before there corps before. And then proceeded to stay in that same spot in the aisle for the remaining 4 corps in the show. Likely an inexperienced staff member. But they should be in and out after their corps ends...to make room for the next one. Personally, I try not to get an aisle seat because some staff members can be incredibly distracting, maybe not screaming Go Sabers, but quite a bit of other information that I don't or need to hear.

People were not complaining about staff members going nuts on the side lines. They were complaining about staff members over-hyping while sitting either in the aisles of the stands, or in a 'staff section' of the stands.

Perhaps if you reads some more of the comments, I think you'll find the majority of people agree with you that fans & staff alike should feel free to applaud & cheer on the corps.

Your probably right, I'm sure I didn't read enough of the postings....

No, I 'm not going to take the bait and name Corps here. As a matter of fact, when on a few occasions over the years that I've had a bad experience with a staff member, I've taken the issue directly to the Corps Directors and the issues were resolved to my satisfaction and they thanked me for bringing it to their attention. I don't see any Corps better or worse in this issue of rude behaviors. But thats just my own personal experience here too. Also, I don't think it's appropriate to go onto a public forum like this with a personal bad experience with a Corps and name the Corps. It can be resolved without such a public display, imo.

I never asked you to name names, so if you think I'm baiting you, sorry, you are misrepresenting what I wrote. I simply asked if your experience was with the same group or groups over and over. I think that's a fair question, because you assert that this is a major problem, and I question if it is limited to certain groups. I have been to many shows, and I don't see this as being that prevalent of a problem.

I agree with much of what is said here. However, to think that the fan is most important because they paid money to be there, c'mon. Jerks will be jerks. Should they be that way? No. But to say that "staff has a free seat" seems incredibly self-centered. They earned their free seat.

I think I've mentioned it on here at one point but sure.

We were in Texas practicing for the San Antonio show I believe.

The guard wasn't having a good day of rehearsal.

So when they were in sectionals, the guard staff told them all to run over to their water coolers for a water break.

They were instructed to pick up the cooler, pour out some water and to run back to rehearsal. That was their water break.

I rode the guard bus and it was an interesting ride.

Just so everyone knows, Texas in 2002 was actually pretty nice and not a sweltering heat like normal, but still doesn't excuse it.

Yeah, that's pretty harsh. You have to be able to chew some ### when you teach, but water is water.

I agree with much of what is said here. However, to think that the fan is most important because they paid money to be there, c'mon. Jerks will be jerks. Should they be that way? No. But to say that "staff has a free seat" seems incredibly self-centered. They earned their free seat.

Ideologically, your post makes 100% sense. In practice, life doesn't seem to prove this accurate.

The industries in the arts and athletics that survive, are the ones that focus on where the money comes from.

Ideologically, your post makes 100% sense. In practice, life doesn't seem to prove this accurate.

The industries in the arts and athletics that survive, are the ones that focus on where the money comes from.

So, people aren't coming to drum corps now because of rude staff members? I thought it was electronics. Sweeping statements galore here.

I think many people are making staff conduct into a "mountain out a mole hill" situation, and the constant threats of taking your business elsewhere is really turning into white noise. Put your money where your mouth is at this point (Not saying you particularly, just in general).

Edited by WOOHOO

So, people aren't coming to drum corps now because of rude staff members? I thought it was electronics. Sweeping statements galore here.

It is called "a customer experience".

It embodies ALL parts of a ticketholders experience. From electronics, to the venue, to the staff members around them.

Anyone in the service industry must be prepared to be judged upon the entire body of what they present and represent. A good restaurant, with bad waiters, is a bad restaurant.

I have to agree with WOOHOO... I don't think that rude staff are causing the downfall of DCI. As I have stated, I know it has happened before, but I think it's a very small minority of the time.

I think staff should be allowed to react how they want. I know when I hear it, I get pumped.

As for continuous commentary..... eh.