Staff behavior concerns...examples/solutions

It is called "a customer experience".

It embodies ALL parts of a ticketholders experience. From electronics, to the venue, to the staff members around them.

Anyone in the service industry must be prepared to be judged upon the entire body of what they present and represent. A good restaurant, with bad waiters, is a bad restaurant.

I think this is the worst possible venue to express this particular issue. I've had issues with rude staff members as a fan (doesn't matter which corps), so I went to that corps' director (I knew who it was), expressed my issue in a objective way. He seemed understanding and said he would deal with it. Was the issue fixed? I have no way of knowing, but I'm guessing the likelihood of something happening that way is MUCH higher than talking about it here.

----I'm guessing the likelihood of something happening that way is MUCH higher than talking about it here.

DCP is about discussion. Not about "making things happen".

I'm not under the impression any conversations here will make anything happen.

IF that was the case, PR would have performed Spartacus every year since 2008. Electronics would still be illegal. Forms would be symmetrical. G Bugles with 2 valves would still be commonplace.

• Like 1

I have to agree with WOOHOO... I don't think that rude staff are causing the downfall of DCI. As I have stated, I know it has happened before, but I think it's a very small minority of the time.

However, all it's takes is one bad experience to make it's mark.

It's like the huge zit on the beauty queens nose, sometimes it's just hard to put out of your mind. :blink:

DCP is about discussion. Not about "making things happen".

I'm not under the impression any conversations here will make anything happen.

IF that was the case, PR would have performed Spartacus every year since 2008. Electronics would still be illegal. Forms would be symmetrical. G Bugles with 2 valves would still be commonplace.

Why discuss if you have no intention of acting? Seems hard to take it seriously if it is simply a discussion, especially the discussion of never going to another show because of said issues.

Edited by WOOHOO

especially the discussion of never going to another show because of said issues.

You don't hear me saying I'm not going to another show.

I do however, know one band director who isn't taking his band to the Omaha show this year.

He had a bad experience last year with staff members who were doing this nonsense in the stands, and even using obscenities.

I do however, know one band director who isn't taking his band to the Omaha show this year.

He had a bad experience last year with staff members who were doing this nonsense in the stands, and even using obscenities.

That is too bad. I really do think it isn't happening as much as people think it is, and some open communication with these staff members does wonders to solve these problems. However, that would get in the way of a good "discussion" :tongue:

Edited by WOOHOO

some open communication with these staff members does wonders to solve these problems. However, that would get in the way of a good "discussion" :tongue:

Only in a world like drum corps would it be the customers job to seek out the company and its subsidiaries to tell them why they don't like their product.

It should be the other way around.

I'm going to make a more broad comment here-

When you go into the public, expect obscenities. Adults curse and yell, and they also get excited. It happens.

That's a bad experience. Did you know who they were, and if so talk to the corp director? That would make me mad too. No one knows I am staff when I am in the stands though. We go on early, and we take the kids back to the lot, and I usually come back over to catch some of the other shows. I go up, find a place to sit, and watch as a fan. I keep my comments to myself until we are out of the stadium where I can talk with other staff members in private. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with it. That's too bad that some staff members are not respectful.

Only in a world like drum corps would it be the customers job to seek out the company and its subsidiaries to tell them why they don't like their product.

It should be the other way around.

I was talking about the rudeness. Fans should definitely not have a say in what a corps is choosing to do creatively. That is silly.