Is the top 12 already sorted

Crossmen have really surged. I thought their show might gain momentum. I really do see them in top 12. I feel like Boston Crusaders might drop out, Putting Spirit and Crossmen in. It is tough though. I think even if they miss finals they would be successful. Kinda like Madison '09--14th was good.

• Like 1

Nobody is out of the top 12 until "The Fat Lady Sings", and I haven't seen Rosanne Barr in the area! The difference between 12th and say 15th will be less than a point, in my estimation, so on any given day it could be any of Spirit, Troopers, Academy, Crossmen, Colts maybe even BK or Boston! I think that this will be one hell of a bumpy ride in the last few weeks with Spirit strong, a virtually unknown Academy, a surging Troop, and a strong Colts and Crossmen! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Just like drum corps is supposed to be! :worthy: :worthy:

You forgot Glassmen. Their drum scores are high, but I don't see them making it.

Boston has been closing the gap on Madison, not opening it, and with half of DCP predicting Scouts in 6th or better the notion that Boston is at risk of falling out of top 12 is laughable.

It could be funnier, what if people predicted Madison falling out of the TOP 12 ? ( Boston was within a point of Madison tonite, at Madison's own show )

I won't believe it isn't already sewn up until Spirit loses at a show that isn't Minneapolis. (I think that they're going to get 13th in Minneapolis due to performance order, and then officially take 12th at San Antonio.)

I'll be glued to the TV next weekend (once I get home, the replay features of the live broadcasts are awesome!) for the battle for 12th.

It could be funnier, what if people predicted Madison falling out of the TOP 12 ? ( Boston was within a point of Madison tonite, at Madison's own show )

With Madison losing a point a show, it will only take about four more days for them to be in 14th or 15th place. :rolleyes:

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Like 1

who cares I just want bones back!!!!

I am only yanking your chain and it is looking interesting in and around the 12th position.

A lot of fans would love to see Crossmen back in Finals...me included. It's going to be painful, though, for all my other favorite corps. Right now I'm hoping for a multi-way (at least four-way) tie for 12th.

A lot of fans would love to see Crossmen back in Finals...me included. It's going to be painful, though, for all my other favorite corps. Right now I'm hoping for a multi-way (at least four-way) tie for 12th.

What's the rule for that situation? What if 4 corps tied for 12th at semis. Would they all get to perform on saturday night?

(Yes I realize this is highly improbable and virtually impossible, just curious)

Yes, I also would like to mention that I've read people shouting that Scouts can take 6th or better, yet Boston is very close behind them, and some people are saying that Crusaders have a possibility of not making finals?

Where does that put Scouts? 12th?

I see the Scouts a little bit better than 12th place. Hell, I think they will probably even move up to 9th from last year's 10th.

In any case, the battle for 6th is going to be just as tight as the battle for 12th. I think Bluecoats will lock up the top 5 with Crown, and the Cadeviliers.

It's exciting to see how close a lot of these corps are, and it's nice to see some of those semi-finalists from last year becoming more competitive. I wonder if this is in response to the introduction of the TOC?

What's the rule for that situation? What if 4 corps tied for 12th at semis. Would they all get to perform on saturday night?

(Yes I realize this is highly improbable and virtually impossible, just curious)

In the event of such a scoring perfect storm, to the best of my knowledge, all would perform on Saturday night.

Either that, or I would be asked to pick who goes on. It's not hard to find my address to send bribes. Better safe than sorry. :cool:

PS: A nice selection of cheeses would work just as well as actual money.