What corps do you think a rookie should join?

I have concluded that I am going to dedicate the next nine months preparing to audition for a corps! Which corps do you think is best suited for a first year person? (my dream is to be in the scouts)

• Like 2

I have concluded that I am going to dedicate the next nine months preparing to audition for a corps! Which corps do you think is best suited for a first year person? (my dream is to be in the scouts)

Why not go for your dream corps the first year? Work your ### off and show them how bad you want to be there. Don't give them a reason to cut you.

• Like 2

Why not go for your dream corps the first year? Work your ### off and show them how bad you want to be there. Don't give them a reason to cut you.

Agreed. There's no "wrong place" a rookie can go really. Go wherever you want to. It may be hard work, but starting off with them will give you a lot of years with your dream corps. Just go in, be confident, and do your best and you'll be just fine.

Agreed. There's no "wrong place" a rookie can go really. Go wherever you want to. It may be hard work, but starting off with them will give you a lot of years with your dream corps. Just go in, be confident, and do your best and you'll be just fine.

Well i don't want to get cut from the scouts and then march nowhere :/

go to scouts then...

go somewhere else too, if you can swing it.

you'll never know if you can make it if you don't go.

Well you know my top three. Madison Scouts, Blue Stars. Spirit of Atlanta. Could I audition for all three by video? Well I can't pay for three camps!

I'd say to start saving up too and go to the Scouts camp. If you work your butt off, you might be surprised that you'll get a call back. If not, you will already have the experience and next year you'll have an even better chance making it, because you'll already know what to expect.

• Like 1

I'd say to start saving up too and go to the Scouts camp. If you work your butt off, you might be surprised that you'll get a call back. If not, you will already have the experience and next year you'll have an even better chance making it, because you'll already know what to expect.

My heart wouldn't be able to take not marching! Haha I'd cry like a baby! >.> O:)

Save your pennies and go to the DCI Southeast Championships in Atlanta. Find out where the corps you're interested in are practicing and show up to the rehearsal sites and politely request from someone (not an instructor who is working at the time) if it might be possible for you to meet someone in management to express your desire in marching their corps. Ask if it might be possible to meet the tuba tech during a break and ask for advice. Also ask to meet a fitness trainer with the corps to find out what you would need to be able to do physically. Don't be a pest about it, but be sincere and be patient, because it might be a few hours before anyone could realistically spend a little time with you. I think you'll find these people will be happy to say "hello" and give you some advice, but you've got to ask for it at a time when they aren't running around in pre-show panic mode.

• Like 5