What corps do you think a rookie should join?

You need to go for it. Hint...this staff looks at more than just a persons playing resume! Of course reading, learning, and playing is important LOL but with VanDoren and staff, attitude, determination, willing to learn WILL get you further than you think!

Go anywhere to be honest. The first audition I ever went to was a Blue Devils audition for the 2006 season. I got cut but I still got an idea of what needed to be done to make a corps of that Caliber. I marched Pacific Crest for 3 years before going to Bluecaots for my last two seasons and as for being a tuba player, I've seen many members but mostly rooks outs learn tuba for a few months, come audition and march for the season. To be honest, about 15 of us at coats were woodwind players so it is very common to see a woodwind player pick up brass or percussion in order to march corps. I did it for trumpet and ended up playing 1st/lead 4 of my 5 years marching! Anyone can do it my friend as long as they have the passion and put the hard work in when not at auditions/rehearsals. Go for it and hope to see you perform next season!

Edited by azul

You need to go for it. Hint...this staff looks at more than just a persons playing resume! Of course reading, learning, and playing is important LOL but with VanDoren and staff, attitude, determination, willing to learn WILL get you further than you think!

I'm gonna go to camp with a smile on my face and a small notepad and a pencil. Hehe. When I come back for second camp (which I will) I will be improved on all the things they told me. I'm hoping they will think "that guy really wants to be here" someone on this thread gave me that advice and I thank you!!!!

I have concluded that I am going to dedicate the next nine months preparing to audition for a corps! Which corps do you think is best suited for a first year person? (my dream is to be in the scouts)

If you want to be a scout, then do it. Contact them early to get audition materials/expectations and work it. Be positive, work hard and it will work out. Don't be afraid to go to the corps you want to be a part of.

If you want to be a scout, then do it. Contact them early to get audition materials/expectations and work it. Be positive, work hard and it will work out. Don't be afraid to go to the corps you want to be a part of.

I can get audition materials early?

I have a phobia of failure. Lol.

No kidding. Fear is a real motivator and keeps thousands of kids from auditioning each year. Listen to what Mr. Boo is telling you, because it's excellent advice. And yes, you get an audition packet before you go to camp. The earlier the better.

No kidding. Fear is a real motivator and keeps thousands of kids from auditioning each year. Listen to what Mr. Boo is telling you, because it's excellent advice. And yes, you get an audition packet before you go to camp. The earlier the better.

I am getting serious about it now. I even got a tuba teacher. XD yes his advice is great. And by early, how early?

I have a phobia of failure. Lol. But I will take ur advice and go for it. I am only 15. I'm just feeling the pressure because three of my close friends are in Top three corps lol. They tell me how awesome it is! Soon I will find out for myself :)

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"— Wayne Gretsky

• Like 1

I can get audition materials early?

Yes. And you want to know why? Because the corps WANTS you to succeed. Think about that.

Yes. And you want to know why? Because the corps WANTS you to succeed. Think about that.

So you think they will give me the materials the day after finals?