Davenport IA Show

cmon day....go faster!!!

Did they play it last night in Dubuque??

Yes. Brought the crowd to their feet during that song.

They played it during the encore in Madison on Saturday as well.

Yes. Brought the crowd to their feet during that song.

They played it during the encore in Madison on Saturday as well.

Thanks Jon!!!! That's what I wanted to hear!!:thumbup: Are you gonna be there tonight??

Ouch. I hope that rumor is not true and Madison does not have to change their closer. In a year in which so many Corps have great shows EXCEPT for maybe their closer, it is Madison's Empire State of Mind musical closer that is an instant Drum Corps classic imo, and is as melodic and wonderful as can be as their closer.

My hunch however, is that Madison should be able to run out the clock here in July if they wanted too regarding incurrng any penalties for its useage in Indy in a few weeks time. But who knows, and it does bear watching it seems to me as to what Madison can and can't do with that musical piece as their closer.

They could simply have Dr. Robert Smith compose a tune that is similar to but NOT ESOM. That would be easier to learn than a totally new piece.

Edited by jjeffeory

We have the full rights to arrange, perform and sell our audio performance of Empire State of Mind. The issue that has not been resolved is what is called the "sync rights", or the combination of the audio component with a video component in situations where it is sold on media. This is why the Fan Network can show a live performance of the show, but must mute out audio during a replay of the show. We have been in this process since February and will continue to work on getting this to some sort of resolution the best we can.

It has no bearing on our ability to perform the piece.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

Yeah like I said I don't know the validity but I heard it from a credible source that I don't want to disclose. I'm not affiliated with Madison and don't mean to cause alarm or panic, just something that I heatd

• Like 7

We have the full rights to arrange, perform and sell our audio performance of Empire State of Mind. The issue that has not been resolved is what is called the "sync rights", or the combination of the audio component with a video component in situations where it is sold on media. This is why the Fan Network can show a live performance of the show, but must mute out audio during a replay of the show. We have been in this process since February and will continue to work on getting this to some sort of resolution the best we can.

It has no bearing on our ability to perform the piece.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

Chris,

WOW! Thanks for taking the time to post this response to clear it all up! I'm sure this time of year is busy for you, and to me, you deserve this :worthy::worthy::thumbup:

I can't wait to see the show LIVE and in my face for the first time tonight!!!

Thanks again!!!

Yeah like I said I don't know the validity but I heard it from a credible source that I don't want to disclose. I'm not affiliated with Madison and don't mean to cause alarm or panic, just something that I heatd

Wes.... your " credible source " now has lost a lot of credibility. The Director of the Madison Scouts says the issue of performing the piece was never at issue in this season, ( had secured the audio and performing rights ) nor was the possibility of Madison having to find another closer because of this at issue either. You might want to go back to your source and tell them they didn't know what the heck they were talking about and got it all wrong.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Yes sir thanks for posting this clear up!!! I figured it was not what was going to happen, but it's just something that had been heard! Thanks again and I'm glad that you do not need to chnce songs!! Way Cool, best of luck on what's already a great season for The Scouts!!

Wes P