Drum Corps Fees

I get all psyched and start my workout and daily lip slurs and breathing excersizes and my mom drops a bomb on me "if the fees are over 2000 then you can stop that now."

I get all psyched and start my workout and daily lip slurs and breathing excersizes and my mom drops a bomb on me "if the fees are over 2000 then you can stop that now."

Loads of kids participate without financial support from family. Start NOW looking for other means of support. Sponsorship is a good way. Pretty much each corps has a program to help members secure sponsorship for covering fees and other expenses. Look on their Web sites. Whatever you do... get started now.

Loads of kids participate without financial support from family. Start NOW looking for other means of support. Sponsorship is a good way. Pretty much each corps has a program to help members secure sponsorship for covering fees and other expenses. Look on their Web sites. Whatever you do... get started now.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a sponsorship?

Sell her car and let her have the change.

I wish!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a sponsorship?

Basically, you go around to people and businesses in the area asking if they would be able to assist in your dues. Sometimes corps will also do fund-raisers to assist members.

So I take that as $2000 from your mom.

That aint't a bad start.

Cut grass, wash cars, babysit, wash houses, paint houses all make money and in the fall you can rake leaves, chean gutters and such, in winter shovel snow ?

Of course that means less time on the internet and DCP, but, it is what it is. :shutup:

Most brass and percussion players can seek the answers within themselves, woodwinds, not so much :tongue:

• Like 2

So I take that as $2000 from your mom.

That aint't a bad start.

Cut grass, wash cars, babysit, wash houses, paint houses all make money and in the fall you can rake leaves, chean gutters and such, in winter shovel snow ?

Of course that means less time on the internet and DCP, but, it is what it is. :shutup:

Most brass and percussion players can seek the answers within themselves, woodwinds, not so much :tongue:

Hey -coughs- I used to be a woodwind. And I made a donation letter!

agree

Another way is a good old fashion work...aka a job. I had one student who started her own house cleaning business in her neighborhood (disclaimer....only go to houses of people you know and trust for this like she did) I have had students even go collecting cans everyday after school for the ENTIRE school year to help (didn't cover everything but it helped)

If there is a will there is a way

agree

Another way is a good old fashion work...aka a job. I had one student who started her own house cleaning business in her neighborhood (disclaimer....only go to houses of people you know and trust for this like she did) I have had students even go collecting cans everyday after school for the ENTIRE school year to help (didn't cover everything but it helped)

If there is a will there is a way

Once I turn 16 in November I will look for a job. I don't mind working. Actually I'd love to, to feel like I'm working toward something. Not just to buy a video game.