Sioux Falls "Spectacular"

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is honored to host the "Sioux Empire Spectacular" this Wednesday night, 7:30 pm, at Howard Wood Field. A very nice line-up:

Blue Devils

Phantom Regiment

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Cascades

The corps are promised a cool-down in the weather. Forecast for Wednesday: low to mid 70's and a 40% of scattered thunderstorms.

Sioux Falls is a city of about 150,000 people at the intersection of I-29 and I-90, and is home to three good-sized public high schools, each having a strong marching band program. As many as ten young people currently or formerly from these program are marching in corps this summer, including Phantom Regiment and Santa Clara Vanguard, and, I think, Madison, Blue Stars, and Colts.

Sioux Falls is many miles away from the Missouri River flooding. No problem getting here.

For more about the Sioux Empire Spectacular: http://www.rooseveltband.org/siouxempirespectacular.php

A beautiful start to the day here in Sioux Falls. Sunny and in the 60's right now. Mid-70's for highs, light winds, but some rain may move in at 4 pm or so. Phantom Regiment has been here since Monday, practicing at Washington High School in the northeast part of town. Yesterday was a gorgeous day for rehearsal. Word is they were making some changes to their closer. (My wife wouldn't say what they were!)

Boston & BK head to head - this should clear up a few things

Our fair city is something of a factory for percussionists. Pete Hansen and his percussion organization, Groove, Inc., is comprised of about 150 drummers, pre-school age through WGI/DCI age. Several Groove alums have been in high-power DCI lines, including Phantom Regiment 2008 and 2010, and the current SCV batteries. Check out the Groove Web site: http://www.sfgroove.us. Pete fashions little snare drums from quad parts!

First show for BK since Drums, had some time to get cleaned up, this is the only show for them until MN!! Heard there might be some additions/small changes bur I'm sure there was great cleaning going on!! Gonna be fun! I'm gonna say:

1) BD- 84.8

2) Phantom- 81.5

3) BK- 79.7

4) Boston- 78.9

5) Glassmen- 74.6

6) Cascades- 68.5

Wes P

Well...looks like a few lines of rain with embedded storms are firing in nebraska and SD moving in a NE direction taking aim at the Sioux Falls area. They should be throug the area by later early afternoon. The big question is, does it get sunny afterwards...if so, this destabilizes the air (bad if you don't want rain) then the question is, do storms start to fire on the outflow boundries left by the earlier storms around show time?

More to follow...not trying to bring anyone down.

Good news...system picking up a little speed and the dry air getting pulled into system is affecting it's strength. Rain should be fairly light for this first round with maybe a few laps of thunder.

Edited by rainshdw08

First show for BK since Drums, had some time to get cleaned up, this is the only show for them until MN!! Heard there might be some additions/small changes bur I'm sure there was great cleaning going on!! Gonna be fun! I'm gonna say:

1) BD- 84.8

2) Phantom- 81.5

3) BK- 79.7

4) Boston- 78.9

5) Glassmen- 74.6

6) Cascades- 68.5

Wes P

Phantom has just had 2 rehearsal days and some changes are in. If they put the changes in tonight, cleanliness will be the question. Hope they are effective.

I love this time in the season when everything from adjustments to whole scale changes go in. I'd love to see DCI put the first show for each show on the DVD's along with the final product. I guess we can get that with Fan Network!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is honored to host the "Sioux Empire Spectacular" this Wednesday night, 7:30 pm, at Howard Wood Field. A very nice line-up:

Blue Devils

Phantom Regiment

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Cascades

The corps are promised a cool-down in the weather. Forecast for Wednesday: low to mid 70's and a 40% of scattered thunderstorms.

Sioux Falls is a city of about 150,000 people at the intersection of I-29 and I-90, and is home to three good-sized public high schools, each having a strong marching band program. As many as ten young people currently or formerly from these program are marching in corps this summer, including Phantom Regiment and Santa Clara Vanguard, and, I think, Madison, Blue Stars, and Colts.

Sioux Falls is many miles away from the Missouri River flooding. No problem getting here.

For more about the Sioux Empire Spectacular: http://www.roosevelt...spectacular.php

Never been there or in the state. Good luck to all.

Boston & BK head to head - this should clear up a few things

I heard Boston just added their amps. Should add a difference.