History of the Cymbal LIne

Baby Huey, aka Neil Schierstedt. He was actually quite the intellectual, and a bit of a "hippie" back then. A really nice guy. You can see what he's up to these days at his website: www.zenracer.com. He's an accomplished professional photographer and graphic artist.

The guy from the Kilts who you are thinking of was named Wally. He marched with me in the Royal Airs Reunion Corps in 2004. Very nice guy as well.

BabyHuey-show.jpg

BabyHuey-parade.jpg

1aa25347.jpg

Thanks, Paul! I knew you'd have some cool pictures of him!

• 2 weeks later...

We used a standard concert grip, with four fingers through and under the strap and the thumb on top applying pressure. No cymbal techs in those day.... Fred Sanford (who had studied concert percussion with Anthony Cirone) wrote and taught the parts for the entire section, and section leaders doing the cleaning (we added a snare tech in '71, Bob Kalkoffen, who did amazing things for them). Fred wrote the parts, we added visuals (which were pretty mundane by today's standards!). The melodic stuff, though, we came up with ourselves, screwing around with different cymbal sounds. Thanks!

Hey Tom - I remember back in those day when Fred first came to SCV from Anaheim that Mike Munoz, my brother Jimmy, Siebert, and I thought you would be out on the field and screwing around doing these cymbal patterns that you could visualize high in the stands. You guys would talk Fred into coming over to watch and then seeing the smiles on your faces when he said - "put it in the show".

:cool:

Hey Tom - I remember back in those day when Fred first came to SCV from Anaheim that Mike Munoz, my brother Jimmy, Siebert, and I thought you would be out on the field and screwing around doing these cymbal patterns that you could visualize high in the stands. You guys would talk Fred into coming over to watch and then seeing the smiles on your faces when he said - "put it in the show".

:cool:

I can still hear him saying it, Jesse!

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I'm putting together a cymbal line family tree! HA!

I've actually been working on one, have most of the SCV lines, a lot from Spirit thanks to Eddie's help, and dug up some recent stuff on all the lines that are still going thru facebook & Mav's photodocumenting

within the next couple months i hope to have enough info to make it presentable

if anyone has any info feel free to contact me directly, http://www.facebook.com/sliqjonz

and dont forget to check out this page im workin' on for now until this project goin' live

http://www.facebook.com/kymbos.cymbals

Edited by SliqJonz

Seems now a days they all have the same size.

Not in 1981.

hurcscymbals.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

what line is this? do you know who was in it?

Its the Conn Hurricanes

• 2 weeks later...