Good & Evil Renagades ahead of thier Time

Watching the blog on DCI forum .it seems a lot of the junior corps have picked up the lead from an All-Age corps namey the Renagades .3 corps are doing what i would call good & evil programs .

Santa Clara Vanguard --The Devils Staircase

Cadets ----------------------Angels & Demons

Teal Sound ----------------Sinvitation 7

Edited by Florida Sun

Watching the bog on DCI forum .it seems a lot on the junior corps have picked up the lead from an All-Age corps namey the Renagades .3 corps are doing what i would call good & evil programs .

I saw the "seven" at the end of Teal's show and had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't 'Gades!

Also of mention...musical arrangements. Renegades tend to make unrrelated pieces work together in a show. Where else would channel one fit with Carmen?!Maybe in Fort Mill, SC where Rachmaninoff fits with Paint it Black...and a few other years in Crowns recent history where many pieces, seemingly unrelated become one. Ave Maria may be referred to by modern audiences as Phantom's. But where I first heard it on the field was through Renegades

score kind of stagnated tonight for them....but this years show is turning heads and thrilling crowds in Cali. East Coast will be in for a treat in Rochester...

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1

Dlmkmen what where there scores tonight ,been trying to get there's and So.Cal.Dream with no luck .

Dlmkmen what where there scores tonight ,been trying to get there's and So.Cal.Dream with no luck .

Just spoke to my friend in Renegades to verify the scores:

Renegades: 74.85

Dream : 65.35

Mentioned in that Govies/ MBI thread.....Govies must have had some Extra octane yesterday to match Renegades score. And again, all age corps compete against each in DCI regardless of class....so, just something to think about...

Watching the bog on DCI forum .it seems a lot on the junior corps have picked up the lead from an All-Age corps namey the Renagades .3 corps are doing what i would call good & evil programs .

yeah im sure they pick it up from them :thumbup:

Watching the blog on DCI forum .it seems a lot on the junior corps have picked up the lead from an All-Age corps namey the Renagades .3 corps are doing what i would call good & evil programs .

Right because Renegades were the very first corps to ever do anything with a good vs evil theme.

(Sky Ryders, Suncoast Sound, and a slew of others not withstanding)

Also of mention...musical arrangements. Renegades tend to make unrrelated pieces work together in a show. Where else would channel one fit with Carmen?!Maybe in Fort Mill, SC where Rachmaninoff fits with Paint it Black...and a few other years in Crowns recent history where many pieces, seemingly unrelated become one. Ave Maria may be referred to by modern audiences as Phantom's. But where I first heard it on the field was through Renegades

score kind of stagnated tonight for them....but this years show is turning heads and thrilling crowds in Cali. East Coast will be in for a treat in Rochester...

I don't want anyone to think this is any kind of knock on The Renegades but.....................

Back in the day corps made some great shows with unrelated music. I'll use my own corps as an example

but with a little research I could come up with many other corps.

In 1977 the Rhode Island Matadors fielded a show of Copeland's Rodeo.........drum solo of Comedians Gallop.........

Channel One Suite (yes, someone in DCA played it long before Brigs).............Malaguena........ and closed

with Going The Distance from the movie Rocky.

Other corps that come to mind are the Hurricanes, Sunrisers. & Buccaneers. Back in the day that was the norm not the exception.

I love the Renegades. What they have done is revive a lost art. As a matter of fact a number of people have told me

that in some ways the Renegades remind them of the Matadors

• Like 2

Unrelated music??? In part of their 1999 show Chops played Camptown Races layered over Ode to Joy, followed by 1 measure of Mambo from West Side Story, into 1812 Overture layered over You Are My Sunshine. This all happened within about 20 seconds.

Edited by Spandy