Who has the most thunderous goo?

I recently saw Teal Sound in Paddock Lake, WI (just before the Minneapolis contest)... oh my.

Ugh, Teal Sound........ I think they should change their name to Techno Sound. :ph34r:

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this ridiculous "goo" nonsense that keeps sprouting new threads is that everyone who is whining about thinks all corps have it except for "Their" corps. lol

The funniest thing about this ridiculous "goo" nonsense that keeps sprouting new threads is that everyone who is whining about thinks all corps have it except for "Their" corps. lol

INFIDEL DEFILER !!

You dare deny the existence of Thunderous Goo !?!?!?

(extra credit if you ID the quote without googling it)

I invite you to point out where I discuss "my" corps and how they don't have it.

"lol"

I don't know how you can complain about the Cadets thunderous goo...

I mean, George Hopkins himself came on DCP for the sole purpose of explaining that their thunderous goo was not over the top.

Hop is right, Cadets' thunderous goo is not over the top. It's under the bottom. A couple octaves. I actually kinda feel sorry for the contra players. Can't hear them at the "synth impact points".

But.. in their defense, pretty much all the corps are into the thunderous gooing. To me anyway, it seemed like PR and Cadets were more thundery and gooey than the others in the top 12.

Well the use of low frequencies through a sub woofer is just a new tool that groups have the ability to use. some use it well and some don't......some corps have a good snare line and some don't.......some guards catch their equipment and some don't.......I have had experience being judged by several dci music/percussion judges that judge my high school groups and I can say from experience that they WILL call out a group if the sub woofer is too strong, and I would be willing to bet that the corps get called out too.......unless we have heard their judges tapes we can't say that they don't......as far thinking it isn't reflected in the scores.....I think the judges are educated enough to look past a problem and still give credit for what the corps are doing well.