Hostrauser's DCI Rankings - Week 4

For those who need a refresher course on how I compile these, I track each corps' performances for the entire week, even estimating what they would have scored at a show even though they had the day off (basing this off the scores of other corps that they have been in direct competition with). As this ranking is based off the entire week, rankings are usually BELOW the corps' most recent or highest score. This is not an attempt to predict the future, just a snapshot of how the corps has performed over the entire week. Weekend shows (Fri/Sat/Sun) are usually better attended are thus given more weight in the ranking. Rankings run Monday through Sunday each week, with the newest rankings to be posted each Monday.

And now I present to you, for your perusal and histrionics...

HOSTRAUSER'S DCI RANKINGS - WEEK 4 (7/11 - 7/17)

WORLD CLASS

85.95 The Cavaliers

84.85 Carolina Crown

84.60 The Cadets

84.50 Blue Devils

82.50 Bluecoats

81.80 Phantom Regiment

80.90 Santa Clara Vanguard

80.15 Madison Scouts

79.25 Blue Stars

78.70 Boston Crusaders

78.35 Blue Knights

75.10 Spirit of Atlanta

------------------------------------

75.00 Troopers

74.50 Glassmen

74.30 The Academy

73.35 Crossmen

73.30 Colts

72.00 Mandarins

69.70 Pacific Crest

69.20 Teal Sound

66.90 Cascades

65.10 Jersey Surf

61.50 Pioneer

OPEN CLASS (so far)

81.35 Blue Devils B

80.15 Vanguard Cadets

74.85 Revolution

74.55 Spartans

74.50 Oregon Crusaders

74.20 Impulse

74.10 Gold

70.80 7th Regiment

70.00 Velvet Knights

67.85 Spokane Thunder

66.55 Colt Cadets

66.10 Legends

62.45 Raiders

61.50 Les Stentors

58.55 Blue Devils C

55.30 City Sound

49.10 Racine Scouts

45.55 Blue Saints

For those who need a refresher course on how I compile these, I track each corps' performances for the entire week, even estimating what they would have scored at a show even though they had the day off (basing this off the scores of other corps that they have been in direct competition with). As this ranking is based off the entire week, rankings are usually BELOW the corps' most recent or highest score. This is not an attempt to predict the future, just a snapshot of how the corps has performed over the entire week. Weekend shows (Fri/Sat/Sun) are usually better attended are thus given more weight in the ranking. Rankings run Monday through Sunday each week, with the newest rankings to be posted each Monday.

And now I present to you, for your perusal and histrionics...

HOSTRAUSER'S DCI RANKINGS - WEEK 4 (7/11 - 7/17)

WORLD CLASS

85.95 The Cavaliers

84.85 Carolina Crown

84.60 The Cadets

84.50 Blue Devils

82.50 Bluecoats

81.80 Phantom Regiment

80.90 Santa Clara Vanguard

80.15 Madison Scouts

79.25 Blue Stars

78.70 Boston Crusaders

78.35 Blue Knights

75.10 Spirit of Atlanta

------------------------------------

75.00 Troopers

74.50 Glassmen

74.30 The Academy

73.35 Crossmen

73.30 Colts

72.00 Mandarins

69.70 Pacific Crest

69.20 Teal Sound

66.90 Cascades

65.10 Jersey Surf

61.50 Pioneer

OPEN CLASS (so far)

81.35 Blue Devils B

80.15 Vanguard Cadets

74.85 Revolution

74.55 Spartans

74.50 Oregon Crusaders

74.20 Impulse

74.10 Gold

70.80 7th Regiment

70.00 Velvet Knights

67.85 Spokane Thunder

66.55 Colt Cadets

66.10 Legends

62.45 Raiders

61.50 Les Stentors

58.55 Blue Devils C

55.30 City Sound

49.10 Racine Scouts

45.55 Blue Saints

I still don't understand why everyone has Spirit over Troopers! They have met twice and Troopers have tied and beaten SOA. I think that Troopers are the real deal and will definately make a few more people believers by the end of the season. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2

I bet troopers will beat Spirit in Texas and all the polls will STILL have Spirit over troop. Haha. I like Spirit this year but people are hyping there show a bit too much. Anyways I think both corps are pretty #### even. Fun to watch. :)

• Like 1

I bet troopers will beat Spirit in Texas and all the polls will STILL have Spirit over troop. Haha. I like Spirit this year but people are hyping there show a bit too much. Anyways I think both corps are pretty #### even. Fun to watch. :)

This poll and others like it are not based on opinion, but on different statistical analysis based on the poll's designer's choices of how scores are averaged and weighed. So if Troopers continue to outscore Spirit, the ranking will reflect such. Both shows are fun to watch. Troops show is very shallow to me and does not seem worthy of a final's spot because there is little risk or box 5 challenges or exposures.

Spirit's show, the three times I have seen it, comes across to me as being in a whole other league from a construction stand point, and I feel it is being executed better at this time.

Certainly when I look at the criteria for music and visual GE, SOA seems to be aiming for box 5 construction and reward and Troop middle of box 4.

Edited by phan771
  • Like 2

I agree! I think spirit will best troopers in the end ( even though I HATE voice recording!!!). When I said "polls" I meant opinion polls. Sorry I wasn't clear. I know this is not a poll, it's a ranking list.

• Like 2

I agree! I think spirit will best troopers in the end ( even though I HATE voice recording!!!). When I said "polls" I meant opinion polls. Sorry I wasn't clear. I know this is not a poll, it's a ranking list.

Do my Blue Stars have reason to worry?

Do my Blue Stars have reason to worry?

about what ?