I love the Blue Devils because...

I will try to write more perfectly next time.

Maybe you need to re-read your post. What I get when I read it is that me not rating BD in my top five favorite shows is an insult to the members of Blue Devils this year, and that Blue Devils deserves extra respect over other corps because they are practicing outdoors in the Texas heat, and that anyone who doesn't rank BD's show as one of their favorites is a hater.

I like BD's show this year. It's not in my top five, or top ten. There are too many good shows this year. I am glad you and your son and the other members of BD are pleased with their choice. Why do you feel the need to trash other corps and the opinions of other drum corps fans? :blink:

• Like 2

Please, please, PLEASE!!!

Do not mistake a dislike for a particular corps' show or brass book or visual program as a slam against the organization itself. As heated and vitriolic as these forums can be (especially as we wind down to finals), I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single member on here who literally hates any corps.

I am not a BD fan. I generally don't like their shows. I generally get ###### when they win. And they do that a lot. So I'm a generally ###### off person.

But what the organization does, the opportunities it provides, and the general overall experience that its members receive?

I would never bash that. Your kid is getting the education of a lifetime. One that he/she should consider him/herself fortunate to receive, regardless of what we anonymous posters on DCP have to say about their show.

That having been said, best of luck to your kid.

May the best corps in Indy win.

Thank you, you were certainly more articulate than I was.

The thread is going sideways tout suite! :ph34r:

Bring in the dog and the lawn furniture Ethel.....then close the garage door! :peek:

• Like 1

The thread is going sideways tout suite! :ph34r:

Bring in the dog and the lawn furniture Ethel.....then close the garage door! :peek:

Pft. We aren't even close to the record. Do old RAMD threads count?

• Like 1

Pft. We aren't even close to the record. Do old RAMD threads count?

Those were the days....not.

Those were the days....

Men were REAL Men. Women were REAL Women. B****ing was REAL B****ing, etc. :tongue:

Men were REAL Men. Women were REAL Women. B****ing was REAL B****ing, etc. :tongue:

Back then...they ate amps and crapped RCA jacks!

Let me just say first that I am less a fan of drum corps than I am a fan of my kid. I am however astonished at the bashing of the corps my kid is marching in, and how it receives very little love from the loudest of people on here. I suppose it comes down to individual taste- I understand that not everyone likes every corps. I understand that some people don't like success. I understand there might be other issues. I didn't love last year's show. But having spent some time with them this weekend, I am astonished that a corps which should be held up as a model in many ways is so roundly disliked- just look at the list of "favorite shows" and see how many people have ranked BD's show as even in their top 5. Fair enough. But here's what I saw at the rehearsal Saturday: I saw adults treating members as partners in a quest to make something beautiful. I saw kids who were having fun and were loose even in 115 degree heat. I saw great musicianship being taught without ego on the part of the instructors. I saw parents with no concerns about how their kids were being treated in the corps. I saw an intensity in rehearsal and talk about getting better, not about how the members were letting the instructors down. I saw positive motivation. I saw kids who understood how to get better. I saw kids doing their own pushups in the heat. I heard controlled, in tune, musical playing. I saw amazing marching. I saw incredible food laid out for dinner. I saw kids who genuinely like each other. Does that happen in every corps? Well, not in my experience limited as it is. My son said they took an informal poll last week and found that BD had a member who had marched at every other World Class Corps. Now if you're going to be a hater, don't bother: I can read that in virtually every other post on this forum. I just want to say this: I love the experience my kid is having marching BD. I love the show. I love the sound. But most of all, I love the smile and genuine happiness in the face of my kid even after all this time on tour.

All I can say is if you choose to march Blue Devils then you need to be ready for whatever "reception" you get from the fans good or bad. It's lonely at the top.

• Like 4

It's lonely at the top.

Actually it seems to be *really crowded* at the top right now. Like, standing room only crowded.

• Like 2