Could Color Guard Decide the Title This Year?

Been thinking about this for a while. And nothing that's happened the past few weeks has indicated otherwise.

Could this be the year when the color guard score is decisive? Might the guard score determine who wins or doesn't?

Guard placements so far have been more variable with SCV and Phantom at times topping the three C's and BD in that category. If some two or three of Cavies, Cadets, BD and Crown are in contention for the championship on Saturday in Indy, what are the chances that they'll equalize (or at least offset) each other in every category except perhaps guard? And if that happens, will the best guard decide which is the best corps?

I'm asking, not predicting.

HH

• Like 2

one thing is for certain - Color Guard will probably land Bluecoats in 7th

• Like 2

I know having a much better Colorguard has sure helped Phantom Regiment this year!

And, even with percussion hovering around 5th or a bit lower, the guard scores have kept Phantom at or above last year's standing.

A good visual product gives you some great scores......

• Like 2

I know having a much better Colorguard has sure helped Phantom Regiment this year!

And, even with percussion hovering around 5th or a bit lower, the guard scores have kept Phantom at or above last year's standing.

A good visual product gives you some great scores......

Been meaning to ask: Any easy answer for the improvement in the Phantom guard this year?

HH

I could see the Blue Devils winning based on their color guard. If it comes down to color guard, I'll put the Blue Devils name on the DCI trophy for 2011.

• Like 2

Been meaning to ask: Any easy answer for the improvement in the Phantom guard this year?

HH

I don't like to admit it, but I think that pulling a strong group of women from WGI is doing the trick.

There are quite a few that returned from last year and previous years, but I think that many of them are also into winter guard.

And.....tryouts and weekend camps were different looking to me - like the girls had a 'head start' this year. They seemed to be working earlier on skills that I watched later in the camps in 09 & 10.

Also, I think it is maturity and having a great set of instuctors to work with. Some changes had been made there.

Read Juliet's Journal and you hear about certain people arriving to help the guard from time to time.

I personally dont know these people but they seem to make the right changes at the right time.

GO JULIETS !!!!!

• Like 1

it can help, but since it's one of three sheets averaged, it'll take more than this sheet to do it.

kinda like in 08, everyone raves about Phantoms drumline score, but they needed ensemble music to make it happen