Who will be in your top five audio playlsit from this year?

Mine are:

1- Madison Scouts

2- Phantom Regiment - love East of Eden

3- Crown - especially the Emmerson Piano Concerto

4 - Bluecoats - I will probably play Creep over and over

5 - Blue Knights - the tunes take me back to high school concert band, good memories

1 Crown- Love the musicality. Will love hearing the crowd reactions.

2 Cadets- Have always liked dark vs light themes. Cadets always have beautiful ballads.

3 Santa Clara- Very interesting show and music book.

4. Phantom- Beautiful, balanced sound.

5. Troopers- Very sophisticated, mature sound and music book.

Can you possibly answer this question I've had for a while: What song is it that she's singing and is it a recording or a live corps member?

My Bonny Boy... Recorded I believe!

My favorite to listen to:

1) Cadets- Just incredible arranging of Ticheli's Masterpiece- Angels in the Architecture!

2) Phantom- Wasn't sold at beginning of season but I love it!! Great Music!! Elsas WOW!!

3) Blue Knights- Just fantastic arrangements of tunes that honestly I didn't enjoy playing much in HS and College! Bocook is incredible for sure! Blue Knights Brass-- HELL YEAH!!

4) Crown- Could play Merrily We Roll Along and I'd want to hear it over and over! Best brass sound since Star imo. Great rock and Rach mixed together! Genius!

5) Cavaliers- Great music, just not as high on my list to hear as the above corps musically.. Now visually, that's another story!!

Honorable Mention- BD, Madison, and Colts!

Wes P

(Not me being a homer here)

But surprised not many people choosing Cadets. Seems to be a crowd favorite show and quite enjoyable melodically if you ask me.

Just an observation.

I'd say you're quite the homer.

In all honesty i'd say the cavaliers would be the crowd favorite. Been to a couple shows and even though cadets have an amazing show, i'd say more people saw it that cavaliers were more entertaining. Plus that whole fan favorite thing had them on top all 3 times. (Im sure someones gonna use the excuse that there were a lot of people outside the competition voting. That'd be a little more believable if they didn't win everytime.)

• Like 1

For me, anyways (and leaving that on there as a huge disclaimer), the Cadets aren't as much fun to listen to without the visual. There is a lot of stabby cue-type music in there that just doesn't do it for me. Works in context of the total show package, but on it's own it's not as much audio goodness as some other corps.

Mike

I'd say you're quite the homer.

In all honesty i'd say the cavaliers would be the crowd favorite. Been to a couple shows and even though cadets have an amazing show, i'd say more people saw it that cavaliers were more entertaining. Plus that whole fan favorite thing had them on top all 3 times. (Im sure someones gonna use the excuse that there were a lot of people outside the competition voting. That'd be a little more believable if they didn't win everytime.)

I am quite the homer...but that wasnt my reason for that post. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that Cadets are popular this year. Just didn't seem to match with the responses thus far.

Thanks for playing.

Splooie.

• Like 1

For me, anyways (and leaving that on there as a huge disclaimer), the Cadets aren't as much fun to listen to without the visual. There is a lot of stabby cue-type music in there that just doesn't do it for me. Works in context of the total show package, but on it's own it's not as much audio goodness as some other corps.

Mike

Fair point. I was in San Antonio, but really just there for the lot. I went inside to catch PR, Cadets, and Bloo. I was sitting waaaaaay out on the goal line at field level. It's amazing how much is lost without the pit!

I am quite the homer...but that wasnt my reason for that post. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that Cadets are popular this year. Just didn't seem to match with the responses thus far.

Thanks for playing.

Splooie.

Seriously? Don't see how that was necessary at all.

• Like 1