:ph34r:

Thanks for the review 'Dubya', it's good to see someone 'tell it like it is'. :thumbup: ($1 to Horrible Howard)

Waiting now to see if Brass puts on the big push this week and weekend (they'll be in Racine on Saturday)providing the weather cooperates..It's been tropical again this past weekend, so had MBI remained home - they would have had their hands full with heat and humidity as well.

Between this and "El Jeffe's" review, looks like 2 versions of the same view..Thanks again guys..Hoping to see you both in Rochester. :worthy:

Pat

This is a situation this year for Bush in which keeping the corps together as an entity for the future might be the true priority here.

Your perception is spot on.

One of these days, over a few adult beverages somewhere, I'd love to discuss this season and the challenges the corps has faced. These Bushwackers are working every bit as hard as any Bushwackers from the past.

While that work hasn't paid off competitively, they're building a bridge to the future.

I can't say it enough - I am proud to associated with them.

One of these days, over a few adult beverages somewhere, I'd love to discuss this season and the challenges the corps has faced. These Bushwackers are working every bit as hard as any Bushwackers from the past.

While that work hasn't paid off competitively, they're building a bridge to the future.

Like I said, Bob, I've been there and done it in 1984. It took a lot of time for Westshore to get things back on the rails, but that was the start of it. It can be the same for Bush, if everyone wants it. And it's not a lack of effort from the corps members for sure. The Glider doesn't serve adult beverages up in Scranton, but I do go to the Glider afterwards.

If there's a place near the Reading show, I'll be there. I'd just need to know where.

Well-said, Bob. The corps already has made big strides this season from when I first saw them in Bridgeport. I am sure that better days are ahead for the Bushwackers, for this season and the years to come!

I'm with Bob all the way. It's so much harder to come back if you go away. Yeah there may be some bumps along the way, but it will be worth it in the end

Thanks- And yes, Jim you were there- remember the practice in Frank's pool where I nearly killed myself on his mini-bike?

Must have been the weekend I was in Picks-burgh for my buddies wedding...

Whadda 3 beer story that trip was.... High point was bride making a not nice comment to me/about me in the receiving line right after the wedding (feeling was kinda mutual after that). Low point was the no tell motel I stayed at that evening and some yingie was calling all the rooms with obscene come ons. Office had bunch of people ready to punch someone out as the office dipstick couldn't figure who was calling.....

Must have been the weekend I was in Picks-burgh for my buddies wedding...

Whadda 3 beer story that trip was.... High point was bride making a not nice comment to me/about me in the receiving line right after the wedding (feeling was kinda mutual after that). Low point was the no tell motel I stayed at that evening and some yingie was calling all the rooms with obscene come ons. Office had bunch of people ready to punch someone out as the office dipstick couldn't figure who was calling.....

A former (emphasis on former) friend's wife dissed a dear friend of all of ours at their wedding , we got even. That's worth a few beers as well. She had it coming.

Needless to say, that marraige eventually exploded later on. Dad blames that dismal relationship on why I never got married. :tongue:

You had to not have been there- lord, horn sectionals in the pool, grilled corn on the cob and burgers, messing with Frank's mini-bikes, how could you forget? We still got a lot done that day. :thumbup:

LMAO, don't forget I was doing Parade Euph and Honor Guard with Pete and Al for the field shows. Combo of no place to practice (in an apt), on and off knee problems and not knowing any of the music beforehand (left Apr 1980). Few more beers and I can fill in some of the tension between the HG and some of the corps members (Buddy & Helen helped me blow steam on that one). Much as I liked Pete & Al, just hard to tell them when they were wrong on anything.

Let's just say the 1985 funky butted street beat we had could be marched 8 steps per 2 measures or 6 steps per 2 measures.

OK, hijack over... for now....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

LMAO, don't forget I was doing Parade Euph and Honor Guard with Pete and Al for the field shows. Combo of no place to practice (in an apt), on and off knee problems and not knowing any of the music beforehand (left Apr 1980). Few more beers and I can fill in some of the tension between the HG and some of the corps members (Buddy & Helen helped me blow steam on that one). Much as I liked Pete & Al, just hard to tell them when they were wrong on anything.

Let's just say the 1985 funky butted street beat we had could be marched 8 steps per 2 measures or 6 steps per 2 measures.

Now you mention it the corps could've won some kind of "Green" award from Woodsy Owl for all the music we recycled. :tongue:

lesson learned in 1989. Send Al and Pete out, wait for them to get far enough ahead, then start the best