The bottom rung on the ladder.

I do not think there are going to be any huge upsets in the top 5 tonight.

The most interesting scores to watch are going to be Bush, Cv ,Kilties Alliance. they are all stacked right on top of each other on the bottom half of the field.

By that I mean they all hovering in the 69 category.All within a point of each other or less. It's anyone's ball game at this point.Who will move up the ladder tonight? who will move down?

Can any of them catch up with the top two Class A corps on this date?

going to be very interesting.

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 2

It's definitely shaping up to be a battle for the last couple/few Open Class finalist spots this year.

Which corps will get those spots? Hey... if I could predict the future, I'd be heading out right now to buy the winning lottery ticket. :tongue:

I do not think there are going to be any huge upsets in the top 5 tonight.

The most interesting scores to watch are going to be Bush, Cv ,Kilties Alliance. they are all stacked right on top of each other on the bottom half of the field.

By that I mean they all hovering in the 69 category.All within a point of each other or less. It's anyone's ball game at this point.Who will move up the ladder tonight? who will move down?

Can any of them catch up with the top two Class A corps on this date?

going to be very interesting.

I think we are looking for a story that is simply not there. I do not see CV or Alliance being near Bush at the end of tonight. I guess we will find out.

I think we are looking for a story that is simply not there. I do not see CV or Alliance being near Bush at the end of tonight. I guess we will find out.

So you think Bush is gonna pull that far ahead tonight? I heard they have filled some holes.

It's definitely shaping up to be a battle for the last couple/few Open Class finalist spots this year.

Which corps will get those spots? Hey... if I could predict the future, I'd be heading out right now to buy the winning lottery ticket. :tongue:

I guess it will be all but one. Kind of an "anti-lottery", no? Should be fun to watch unfold.

Shouldn't Thunder be in on this too?

Yes they should have. My apologizes to the TBT organization for not including them.

So you think Bush is gonna pull that far ahead tonight? I heard they have filled some holes.

Nope... but I guess we already know that now. My thought was that we were looking for a "close race" story, but the DCI Atlanta scores did not give an accurate depiction of where the two Georgia groups were competitively. I think last night did a much better job, but I was kind of anticipating that happening... if not more.

Nope... but I guess we already know that now. My thought was that we were looking for a "close race" story, but the DCI Atlanta scores did not give an accurate depiction of where the two Georgia groups were competitively. I think last night did a much better job, but I was kind of anticipating that happening... if not more.

I see you are of the opinion like many others here...(including some members in corps) that DCI sanctioned shows have inaccurate judging. I think this got proven more this week,

Alliance's 10 point jump in one week between circuits is a headline I am surprised more people are not commenting about.

I don't think its conspiracy or theory anymore. It seems DCI judges are looking more for cleanliness, and are much more strict on flaws...How else to explain the low scores? Is it possible that these may be unreasonable expectations for weekend only corps? Maybe DCA needs to consult their DCI judges about possibly changing this bias.

Also, maybe it's time Directors start mentioning this issue at the winter meetings. If we see these tremendous jumps in score between the circuits in the course of a week, what's the benefit of going to DCI shows? Where is the credibility for DCI if corps know they are going to score 8 or 9 points higher the following week at a DCA show? Should DCI shows then be exhibitions?

It would seem to me, the more complaints occurring, the more that the issue needs to be brought to the forefront. I write a lot with a

West Coast bias....but its a catch 22 for those corps if they complain. There is not a choice for them. I also think of potential corps who may want to start a corps in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada...etc,..does this in some ways, hinder expansion?

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 2

I see you are of the opinion like many others here...(including some members in corps) that DCI sanctioned shows have inaccurate judging. I think this got proven more this week,

Alliance's 10 point jump in one week between circuits is a headline I am surprised more people are not commenting about.

I don't think its conspiracy or theory anymore. It seems DCI judges are looking more for cleanliness, and are much more strict on flaws...How else to explain the low scores? Is it possible that these may be unreasonable expectations for weekend only corps? Maybe DCA needs to consult their DCI judges about possibly changing this bias.

Also, maybe it's time Directors start mentioning this issue at the winter meetings. If we see these tremendous jumps in score between the circuits in the course of a week, what's the benefit of going to DCI shows? Where is the credibility for DCI if corps know they are going to score 8 or 9 points higher the following week at a DCA show? Should DCI shows then be exhibitions?

It would seem to me, the more complaints occurring, the more that the issue needs to be brought to the forefront. I write a lot with a

West Coast bias....but its a catch 22 for those corps if they complain. There is not a choice for them. I also think of potential corps who may want to start a corps in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada...etc,..does this in some ways, hinder expansion?

Yes, but with that being said, I think the DCI shows give a lot of great feedback. Exhibition may not be an option at some DCI shows (like regionals). Maybe someone can confirm whether this is true or not. With that being said, it is nice to see that DCA judges do not have a problem raising a corps' score to a more appropriate number, even though it was low a week earlier at a DCI show.