Theatre Production

As much as we discuss the corps themselves, I tought it would be interesting to see what people thought of how DCI produced quarters. Here's a few of my thoughts:

- It's great they are using more of Will Pitts. He brings a fresh perspective. More of that please. Has Will gained a smidgin since the murder?

- Re-do the Summer Games logo. It's outdated and antique.

- I didn't find Roddy or DD as annoying as I usually do. DCI still needs some who are more current though.

- I loved it when Roddy said to DD "Bluestars aren't as good as they used to be, are they?" and DD just looked at him like "Did you really just throw me that bomb?" But DD handled a bad question well.

- Camera angles were very good

- For the most part, cameras knew when to be where, and when not to be where

- Sound quality was good where I was, except there was a noticeable sound delay vs. picture

- The PR front field / back field didn't come across very well

- The intermission music was good (not the usual 20 minutes of drum corps music from 1968)

I don't know about your theater, but at the one in San Francisco had the entire production out of audio/video sync. You saw a drum hit and then a split second later came the sound. Rondo's mouth kept moving after he talked so it was definitely a problem everywhere. I kept complaining but the manager said that is what was coming over the feed. I wanted a refund but no dice. :thumbdown:

- It's great they are using more of Will Pitts. He brings a fresh perspective. More of that please. Has Will gained a smidgin since the murder?

- I didn't find Roddy or DD as annoying as I usually do. DCI still needs some who are more current though.

- I loved it when Roddy said to DD "Bluestars aren't as good as they used to be, are they?" and DD just looked at him like "Did you really just throw me that bomb?" But DD handled a bad question well.

- Sound quality was good where I was, except there was a noticeable sound delay vs. picture

- The intermission music was good (not the usual 20 minutes of drum corps music from 1968)

I liked seeing Will, but someone needs to give him some helpful hints about appearing on camera. When others on camera are speaking, you shouldn't be staring directly into the lens. He added some great information about the music, though. I really enjoyed what he had to say.

Agreed on the logo.

Camera angles were GREATLY improved from previous years. There were still a few big drill moments that I felt like we missed, but nowhere near as many as in previous years.

I liked the idea of the PR front/back demonstration, but it didn't come across as well as I had hoped.

I don't know about your theater, but at the one in San Francisco had the entire production out of audio/video sync. You saw a drum hit and then a split second later came the sound. Rondo's mouth kept moving after he talked so it was definitely a problem everywhere. I kept complaining but the manager said that is what was coming over the feed. I wanted a refund but no dice. :thumbdown:

We did not have any out-of-sync issue whatsoever at my theater and I thought the sound was the best it's been. Full, loud, clean. So as always, YMMV.

LOVED the production this year. I felt like I was watching the DVDs the cameras were so well chosen! The sideline reporting clips were good too.

I didn't mind some negativity on the Blue Stars. It was an awkward moment but what frustrates me is how every corps was AMAZING and incredible to them...and FIRST PLACE! First in GE! Every corps at the top! When you know, honestly.

Great job overall, really impressed.

Edited by Rare_Candy

As much as we discuss the corps themselves, I tought it would be interesting to see what people thought of how DCI produced quarters. Here's a few of my thoughts:

I didn't notice a sound to video issue in our theater down in South Florida. i liked Will and Trish's additions to the presentation. And personally I like the old school summer music games intro, but I'm a little weird. XD

Didn't have a problem with audio/video sync in my theater.

I loved Will's commentary. Finally they have someone who understands programming and the modern activity.

I hated how they kept talking about performance caption scores without actually showing or telling us what those scores were.