Next week-end 5 DCA shows

I'd say the top 5 are locked in at this point for finals. Perhaps a flip in Empire and Hurcs but Empire has the momentum. [FIXED]

I would agree that the Top 5 open class placements are becoming transparent, but "locked" ... not so sure.

As you stated- Perhaps Empire and Hurcs will flip; they were very close last weekend. Also, Cabs are making big improvements with big gains week to week (averaging almost 3.5 points every week). As of Saturday night, they are only 1.4 points behind Hurcs, which is their closest spread yet. Cabs and Hurcs see each other not once, but TWICE this coming weekend with shows together Saturday and Sunday. If Cabs can get their Guard and Percussion scores up (not saying they will beat Hurcs, but to no longer be far behind) I think they can take them.

I wouldn't count any corps out from any position yet.

Edited by irishbugle

I would agree that the Top 5 open class placements are becoming transparent, but "locked" ... not so sure.

As you stated- Perhaps Empire and Hurcs will flip; they were very close last weekend. Also, Cabs are making big improvements with big gains week to week (averaging almost 3.5 points every week). As of Saturday night, they are only 1.4 points behind Hurcs, which is their closest spread yet. Cabs and Hurcs see each other not once, but TWICE this coming weekend with shows together Saturday and Sunday. If Cabs can get their Guard and Percussion scores up (not saying they will beat Hurcs, but to no longer be far behind) I think they can take them.

I wouldn't count any corps out from any position yet.

Cabs had been beating Hurcs in brass all last summer up until Secaucus......That was a huge flip in just a caption.

Final Tune up prior to DCA Championships for the DCA South Corps' in Douglasville Ga this weekend. Plus we welcome The ROCKETEERS to DCA-South as the opening exhibition for the show!

Tampa Bay Thunder

Shenandoah Sound

Alliance

Atlanta Corps Vets

Special Appearance : The Rocketeers!

go to www.corpsvets.org for tickets and info !

• Like 2

Final Tune up prior to DCA Championships for the DCA South Corps' in Douglasville Ga this weekend. Plus we welcome The ROCKETEERS to DCA-South as the opening exhibition for the show!

Tampa Bay Thunder

Shenandoah Sound

Alliance

Atlanta Corps Vets

Special Appearance : The Rocketeers!

go to www.corpsvets.org for tickets and info !

Awesome

I see this weekend as a potentially great one for the #5 Cabs. On Saturday, they have the OPPORTUNITY to draw closer yet to the #1 Bucs, while Empire and Hurcs battle elsewhere as existing #2/3 in a contest sans Bucs. If the Cabs get closer to The #1Bucs, they are also closer to #2/3 by proxy and 2/3's absence from 1/5's show ......... and on Sunday the still #5 Cabs face new 2 or old 3 head-to-head with a 2-point previous gap perhaps now less than one GOING INTO Secaucus.

I see the potential for the Bucs to find Hurcs, Empire Cabs all within 1.2 of them on August 27, just because they cast out a hook and dragged Cabs closer and tightened the entire gap from 1 to 5.

all nothing but potential...... of course.

Joe dz in NJ

I see this weekend as a potentially great one for the #5 Cabs. On Saturday, they have the OPPORTUNITY to draw closer yet to the #1 Bucs, while Empire and Hurcs battle elsewhere as existing #2/3 in a contest sans Bucs. If the Cabs get closer to The #1Bucs, they are also closer to #2/3 by proxy and 2/3's absence from 1/5's show ......... and on Sunday the still #5 Cabs face new 2 or old 3 head-to-head with a 2-point previous gap perhaps now less than one GOING INTO Secaucus.

I see the potential for the Bucs to find Hurcs, Empire Cabs all within 1.2 of them on August 27, just because they cast out a hook and dragged Cabs closer and tightened the entire gap from 1 to 5.

Joe dz in NJ

wait,..........Cabs will see Hurricanes on both Saturday and Sunday,...........Empire is not competing this weekend.......

wait,..........Cabs will see Hurricanes on both Saturday and Sunday,...........Empire is not competing this weekend.......

My bad...... I had wrong date for Fanfare 2011......

Joe dz in NJ

For the record, I would say that MBI is in that #2 spot right now, with Empire and Hurcs in the #3 and #4 spots. With that being said, I get the point you are making.

I am thinking that Cabs have a good shot at #4, and after seeing the Hurcs show (although through a video recording), I think it is possible that they could potentially see themselves looking from the outside into the top 5 when everything is said and done.

For the record, I would say that MBI is in that #2 spot right now, with Empire and Hurcs in the #3 and #4 spots. With that being said, I get the point you are making.

I am thinking that Cabs have a good shot at #4, and after seeing the Hurcs show (although through a video recording), I think it is possible that they could potentially see themselves looking from the outside into the top 5 when everything is said and done.

Cabs are still getting murdered by the percussion judge. Almost a dead tie with CG class a corps.

I say the climb up the ladder is going to be a tough one until they can fix this caption.