Phantom '95 & Crown '11

Need help with a song. What's the name of the Piano Concerto that appears in BOTH Phantom '95 AND Crown '11. I know it's either Rachmaninoff's 1st or 2nd Piano Concerto but I would like to know the movement too.

In Phantom '95, it is the part from 1:53-2:22 and in Crown '11, it's the part from 3:00-3:19.

Is it Piano Concerto #1 or #2?

Which movement?

I am not hearing it. Where does that statement take place in the actual concerto?

Need help with a song. What's the name of the Piano Concerto that appears in BOTH Phantom '95 AND Crown '11. I know it's either Rachmaninoff's 1st or 2nd Piano Concerto but I would like to know the movement too.

In Phantom '95, it is the part from 1:53-2:22 and in Crown '11, it's the part from 3:00-3:19.

Is it Piano Concerto #1 or #2?

Which movement?

As Nick said, these passages are from "Symphonic Dances" - specifically the last few minutes of the third movement.

Phantom used Concerto No. 2 (first movement, IIRC) as their percussion feature in the MIDDLE of their 1995 show, after the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini ballad section.

• Like 1

That segment is actually from the third movement of his Symphonic Dances suite. The only part of his second piano concerto that we played was the piano cadenza between the preshow and the Bohemian Rhapsody hit. In the original concerto, it's near the end of the third movement.

THAT'S IT! Thanks for that AND another great year from Crown!

• Like 1

That segment is actually from the third movement of his Symphonic Dances suite. The only part of his second piano concerto that we played was the piano cadenza between the preshow and the Bohemian Rhapsody hit. In the original concerto, it's near the end of the third movement.

Nick Starr !!

Congratulations on an outstanding (as in -- no one even on the same continent) performance this season. Crown is fortunate indeed to have your talents and the audience is lucky we get to hear them!

• Like 1

You'll also hear portions of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini in Crown's show this year that were performed by Phantom in 2009 as well...

Edited by IMcomguy