When does finals become viewable on FN?

Does anyone know when or if semifinals and prelims will be uploaded? I am able to watch the streaming, but would like to have access to specific videos rather than a stream.

Does anyone know when or if semifinals and prelims will be uploaded? I am able to watch the streaming, but would like to have access to specific videos rather than a stream.

I don't know about prelims but semis have been up for quite a while. Click "on the field" then on 2011 and you'll see them.

• Like 2

Well I bought the DVD's last year and the quality was pretty poor IMO. The visual quality was sub par, and im not paying 100 bucks for a blu ray player and another 20 bucks just for the blu ray discs.

Try watching your corps video on VHS tape....I'm sure if you had to do that you wouldn't be complaining about DVD quality...

Ok I have a question. So DCI converted all of the past "videos" to DVDs. Do you think they'll convert all DVDs to Blu-ray in the future? I'd LOVE to see what 1998 and 2000 Cadets' shows look like on Blu-ray...although I still have not experienced the wonders of blu-ray yet. 2011 Disc will be my first one.

I don't know about prelims but semis have been up for quite a while. Click "on the field" then on 2011 and you'll see them.

Oh wow thanks! I was clicking Recent and only saw Open and World class finals, along with other videos.

Ok I have a question. So DCI converted all of the past "videos" to DVDs. Do you think they'll convert all DVDs to Blu-ray in the future? I'd LOVE to see what 1998 and 2000 Cadets' shows look like on Blu-ray...although I still have not experienced the wonders of blu-ray yet. 2011 Disc will be my first one.

There would be no benefit to putting anything prior to 2009 on Blu-ray since those productions were not high definition to begin with. 2009 was the first year HD cameras were used in the World Championships' video production. DVD gives the same resolution and video quality as the original recording for the older stuff. In 2008 they used standard definition cameras, but in widescreen (16:9) mode.

Now, you could take advantage of Blu-Ray's much greater data capacity to put more content on the disc (high camera, alternate angles, commentary, etc.) even if it's standard definition. Currently it's quite a bit more expensive to produce a Blu-ray than a DVD. There's a huge difference in blank media costs, for example.

There would be no benefit to putting anything prior to 2009 on Blu-ray since those productions were not high definition to begin with. 2009 was the first year HD cameras were used in the World Championships' video production. DVD gives the same resolution and video quality as the original recording for the older stuff. In 2008 they used standard definition cameras, but in widescreen (16:9) mode.

Now, you could take advantage of Blu-Ray's much greater data capacity to put more content on the disc (high camera, alternate angles, commentary, etc.) even if it's standard definition. Currently it's quite a bit more expensive to produce a Blu-ray than a DVD. There's a huge difference in blank media costs, for example.

You can convert the DVD's to high def, though it is a lengthy and expensive process. There are obviously PLENTY of films on blu-ray right now that were not shot in HD format (for example, the Wizard of Oz blu-ray that is such a crisp transfer you're really taken out of the 'moment' because of how obvious the backdrop scenery looks: cinematography that was meant to look good in 35mm doesn't always hold up when converted to HD, but that's a techno/movie discussion for another forum :satisfied:) DCI could likely convert the DVD's to HD, but I suspect it would be cost prohibitive at this time

Walmart sells combo DVD/Blu-ray players in one for less than 100 dollars.

I can't wait for my blu-ray!

FWIW DVD's can play on pretty much all blu-ray players. Also, with many blu-ray player models, the DVD's are up-converted to HD: the quality is not HD quality, but it is better than standard DVD def. When I first got my blu-ray player, I spent about a month still watching DVD's on my DVD player, with the quality leaving much to be desired (watching standard def on an HD TV = similar to watching a DVD on an HD TV). Now I rarely use my DVD player (only when I play non-Region 1 DVD's, as I have a region free DVD player) and run all of my DVD movies on my blu-ray/PS3.