Awful quiet on the Mini Corps front!

Gary must be correct, because his corps was the original model of what a mini corps should be like.

But that being said, there was mini corps before Star United and we all had schedules that were based on many preseason performances. Ghost Riders perform year round at various functions including benefits for worthy causes.

I guess I just think that some of our groups deserve some credit....even Mass Brass. :thumbup:

Donny

The Erie TBirds Alumni's first performance at DCA was in 1992 as an Ensemble where we placed 2nd to "Archie". We felt pretty good about that. Our performance, if you weren't there, was different from the ensemble "Norm" as we had no idea what we were doing. While most, if not all, participating Corps' in this venue were seated with music stands we elected to form a semi-circle....no stands...no music....basically a "Stand-Still" performance.

I like to think what the TBIRDS did that night got the collective minds of DCA officials thinking about a new venue. In 1993 a MiniCorps' division of I&E was born. I can't recall the year (somewhere in the mid to late 2000's)

the announcer for the MiniCorps' show said, and I quote...."....and here is the group that started all this..".

I'd like to think that the Erie Thunderbirds set the first bar (and also winning 6 Minicorps' Championships) but that Star United has raised that bar to the point that this venue is one of the most popular in DCA. I wish ALL this years participants the best. ENTERTAIN ...and HAVE FUN.

Edited by melligene
  • Like 1

Mass Brass is practicing at this moment OUTSIDE! No small hurricane is gonna stop us and no strong gust of wind will move the sops! That being said, the casualties so far have been...2 coolers, 1 baritone,1 baritone player and Mike Cahill's stool..with him still on it!

and is any of that really a loss (beyond the coolers, of course)???

I'd like to think that the Erie Thunderbirds set the first bar...but that Star United has raised that bar...

and Mass Brass has had drinks at both those bars and plan on more Friday night!

Be at I&E/Mini Corps Championships sports fans! It's one of the most fun nights of the drum corps year!!!

To ALL competitors: Do your absolute best...otherwise, you suck!

The Erie TBirds Alumni's first performance at DCA was in 1992 as an Ensemble where we placed 2nd to "Archie". We felt pretty good about that. Our performance, if you weren't there, was different from the ensemble "Norm" as we had no idea what we were doing. While most, if not all, participating Corps' in this venue were seated with music stands we elected to form a semi-circle....no stands...no music....basically a "Stand-Still" performance.

I like to think what the TBIRDS did that night got the collective minds of DCA officials thinking about a new venue. In 1993 a MiniCorps' division of I&E was born. I can't recall the year (somewhere in the mid to late 2000's)

the announcer for the MiniCorps' show said, and I quote...."....and here is the group that started all this..".

I'd like to think that the Erie Thunderbirds set the first bar (and also winning 6 Minicorps' Championships) but that Star United has raised that bar to the point that this venue is one of the most popular in DCA. I wish ALL this years participants the best. ENTERTAIN ...and HAVE FUN.

I really miss the T Birds at the mini corps show.

Especially the triple bass! :worthy:

When will you be back?

Mass Brass is practicing at this moment OUTSIDE! No small hurricane is gonna stop us and no strong gust of wind will move the sops! That being said, the casualties so far have been...2 coolers, 1 baritone,1 baritone player and Mike Cahill's stool..with him still on it!

A giant tree limb fell right into the middle of Mass Brass at hurricane Irene rehearsal today.

It's been decided to keep it in the show.

I looking for groups interested in forming an SDCA South region. Please contact me if so.

Bill Gullatt

rocketeersdbc@earthlink.net

I don't have a group yet, but I'm interested. I'll get in touch with you.

The last performance before DCA is complete. We are gonna bring the A game it seems.

No Hurricanes in Parts Unknown, just freaking tumbleweeds.

DA