2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Next on the field is the Connecticut Hurricanes from Seymour, Connecticut. Their 2011 program is entitled "Gershwin: Old, New, and Blue" and consists of:

Porgy and Bess

Piano Concerto in F

Rhapsody in Blue

But Not For Me

Fascinating Rhythm

Once again KG, great descriptive prose. You are really putting me "in the seat." Hope to be joining you in MD next year.

Ace

Yeah, what he said!! From one great announcer to another and loving it from a fan's stand!!!

Edited by NanciD

Hurcs drum line sounds tight already on just the street beat and warm-up. Definitely a good sign.

Yeah, what he said!!

C'mon, people, how am I supposed to get out of the press box with my ego swelled this big?

Love the pit parts in Porgy and Bess. Same part you usually hear from the pit (think Star '88).

Big sound from the horns on their entrance. Fast paced drill to move the horns to the center of the field. Guard is in front of me and they are performing the hell out their show already.

You guys are doing a great job describing the action. Now that you've amped up the comments, it's even more entertaining. Wish I was there like last year, but I'll be there next year in Annapolis. Great to hear that all the corps are letting it all hang out. That's what I like about DCA....in your face and entertaining.

Totally agree! Lovin' this thread!

Wondering though... Is there a way on this board to auto-refresh a thread?

Not automatically, although you can look into plug-ins for browsers like Firefox or Chrome which will auto-refresh a tab at a regular interval. Of course, that hits our servers more, but I think we can handle it (famous last words).

I'm liking the horn sound better tonight. They really sound good standing still, but I still feel they're a little ragged when on the move.

Percussion and guard are really firing on all cylinders during the opening.

One of the guard members has a lighted New York or Bust sign. Electronics in DCA! :D