Congratulations Minnesota Brass

As a member of the 2011 Empire Statesmen, I would like to congratulate the Minnesota Brass on winning the DCA Championship last night. I hope you are as gracious a champion as the Reading Buccaneers. I have many friends in the Bucs and (unfortunately) have not had the chance to meet many of you from Minnesota. The Buc should be congratulated for their impressive string of championships. You have all worked hard this year and it showed last night. By the way, sorry about the rain. Looking forward to the 2012 season.

:ph34r:

Thanks..although I cannot speak for the MBI organization, let me extend to everybody at Empire my personal gratitude for how graciously the organization has been to us old-timers from the get-go.

It goes back all the way to Vince..A number of us that were out with 'our family' last night agreed to an individual that Vince, David and the entire Statesmen membership have always stood for new and different groups in our activity, and that "Mr. B." was smiling down on us..He became a fan of our corps back in the early 70's..

As an old fahrt, thank YOU for the kind words :worthy:

Pat

A very special THANK YOU to the Empire Statesmen for their heartfelt congratulations to us on the field Sunday night. I was hugged by several members of your corps who were so genuinely happy to see us win our first championship. I also know that several members of the Buccaneers came through our ranks offering their congrats. Very classy and very much appreciated. I truly hope we can continue the legacy of past champions as Reading has done for the past 6 years and many others have done before them. You all helped to create a night that many of us in MBI will never forget. Thank you again.

Yes, congrats to the new DCA World Champions. You worked hard for this, and it couldn't have gone to a better group of drum corps people. You were 'flying' so high after Saturdays win, that no one could have beaten you on Finals night.

Also congrats to every volunteer in your organization, your staff and all support people, because they were as much a part of your championship as the marchers on the field. A classy bunch of people.

Your first championship will be the one most remembered, so enjoy it to the fullest!

Your first championship will be the one most remembered, so enjoy it to the fullest!

Absolutely true. I have to add that it was a very, very special night because several members who had been with Minnesota for more than 40 years were there as spectators - including Frank Lozar (the famous "Man in Black"). Frank is in his eighties, but can still drink anyone under the table. :smile: I was very proud, having been with the corps since "only" the '70's... but I can't imagine how those guys felt.

I was thoroughly entertained by every single DCA corps this year. It's brilliant when so many people from all walks of life and from so many areas of the country can come together for a weekend to celebrate the wacky, bizarre, dysfunctional - yet endearing, emotional and beautiful - world that characterizes the All-Age corps.

As if I needed another reason to march this fine DC that 1st knocked my socks off as a jr. corps member.

Somehow, someday ... I'll get those logistics ironed out. This victory blows the lid off all precedents. And they only fought for ... 40 years? 45?MBI - you keep that hope alive. Thx from SoCal.

:thumbup::worthy:

I just got through watching MBI semi finals and Cadets at finals DVD back to back and must say they are both amazing corps and good representatives of world champions.

Edited by camel lips

As if I needed another reason to march this fine DC that 1st knocked my socks off as a jr. corps member.

Somehow, someday ... I'll get those logistics ironed out. This victory blows the lid off all precedents. And they only fought for ... 40 years? 45?MBI - you keep that hope alive. Thx from SoCal.

:thumbup::worthy:

I believe this was their 65th season

Indeed, it was 65 years of history for MBI in various iterations leading up to this years corps.

That got me to thinking. Most corps have a lot of turnover year to year in sections, certainly in the hornline. But what about staff? I think one of MBI's key strengths over the past few years has been in consistency of staff, especially in the caption head spots. I'm curious to know the experience of others. Of course a consistent staff that isn't top quality can be a prolem. But for MBI, they have been blesssed with a great staff with minimal turnover.

My congrats goes out to the little lady on the big podium, Amanda. WOW!!! With great talent comes great responsibilty, and she was as on fire as much as any section, and deserved the best D.M. once again. I loved when she took off her "helmet" and chucked it, I thought at first she was going to punt it into the upper deck, which would of been clasic. Amanda has proven time and time again that she is a force to reckon with, she has lead MBI to the promise land, and looks damm good doing it. My hat once again goes out to you. NICE JOB!!! :worthy:

One last thing, time to get rid of the robot costume, your better then that. Let me know if I need to tell Joel. :tongue:

• Like 1