1991 Blue Devils is DCI.org Download of the Week

Oh yea, I LOVED Suncoast's version probably the most. worthy.gif

Yeah, I remember Suncoast 1986 version of Adventures in Time. That was a great show (didn't they win a bras sub-caption that year?).

I really love Blue Devils 1991 show! But remember that the Adventures in Time section was just the opener. The Bird and Bela in B-flat was the majority of the show and NOBODY can and will ever play it like the Blue Devils hornline did! It is probably the show that I listen to the most on my mp3.

I believe the Blue Devils won the visual ensemble subcaption in 1991 to boot!

Saw BD once in 1991, at a show I worked at the NJ Meadowlands. Unbelievable brass performance and book. :thumbup:

A great example of how modern jazz can be presented in a fan friendly manner. Fabulous musical show.

Well, I guess I'll just have to become the first thread contrarian on this '91 Blue Deviils show it appears. I did not like this '91 BD show then. I do not like it now. In the 37 year period from 1974 until this season of 2011, only once has the Blue Devils finished below 4th place. But this is the one. It was this 5th place BD '91 show. The judges didn't much care for it either in 1991. 'Not sure if they like it now. I only know that I don't care for it still. That said, I know that everyone has different opinions when it comes to musical tastes too as music is such a personal thing. So I respect the opinions of those here that like this '91 BD show music.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Confused 1

Well, I guess I'll just have to become the first thread contrarian on this '91 Blue Deviils show it appears. I did not like this '91 BD show then. I do not like it now. In the 37 year period from 1974 until this season of 2011, only once has the Blue Devils finished below 4th place. But this is the one. It was this 5th place BD '91 show. The judges didn't much care for it either in 1991. 'Not sure if they like it now. I only know that I don't care for it still. That said, I know that everyone has different opinions when it comes to musical tastes too as music is such a personal thing. So I respect the opinions of those here that like this '91 BD show music.

2892120.jpg

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

2892120.jpg

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

haha..... good stuff!

• Like 1

I appreciate your ability to laugh at yourself, and at me laughing with you.

" Laughter is the shortest distance between two people "

Victor Borge.

" Laughter is the shortest distance between two people "

Victor Borge.

He was a very wise man. All this time I thought it was unexpected flatulence.

True story: I once went to see Victor Borge in performance and in the middle of one of his acts, I had a sneeze I just couldn't stifle. Unfortunately, trying to subdue it probably made it worse, because when I sneezed, it was really loud. Borge stopped his routine, looked out into the audience towards me and announced, "Someone exploded." The audience laughed and I fought back the urge to crawl under my chair.

• Like 2

Yeah, I remember Suncoast 1986 version of Adventures in Time. That was a great show (didn't they win a bras sub-caption that year?).

I really love Blue Devils 1991 show! But remember that the Adventures in Time section was just the opener. The Bird and Bela in B-flat was the majority of the show and NOBODY can and will ever play it like the Blue Devils hornline did! It is probably the show that I listen to the most on my mp3.

I believe the Blue Devils won the visual ensemble subcaption in 1991 to boot!

I think you're right that Blue Devils won the visual ensemble subcaption in 1991 and I heard the same thing about Suncoast '86 winning the brass sub-caption.

That show is one of my favorite BD shows even with their percussion problems, which I remember being much talked about that season.