Did this not bother anyone else?

I marched 8.

Do I win a cookie or something? I'm fat and need to feed mah belly.

internets.jpg

marching 8 years is nothing to be proud of. I i barely did 5. i was actually done after 2005. I got called in mid summer the next two times. For serious players who aren't interested in becoming music educators, this activity is pretty awful.

guess youre a light weight..lol....jk :tongue:

lol nahhh. Just needed to get serious about playing to get in the grad school i wanted to. Which i did.

Edited by YogiBear
  • Like 1

marching 8 years is nothing to be proud of. I i barely did 5. i was actually done after 2005. I got called in mid summer the next two times. For serious players who aren't interested in becoming music educators, this activity is pretty awful.

Oh, you marched Cadets ? :shutup:

Burn Him, Burn Him, he has not drunken the Kool Aid as the king has ordered.

• Like 1

Oh, you marched Cadets ? :shutup:

Burn Him, Burn Him, he has not drunken the Kool Aid as the king has ordered.

Ha. No way. Although i was curious at some point how it felt to march a cadet show

Edited by YogiBear
  • Like 1

YogiBear, I count among my friends at least sixty guys, and one girl who wore a very thorough disguise, who marched Cavies, then Crown, then Phantom, in that order. They say that Cavies was a nice experience, but that the dance and bodywork at Crown provided a far more rewarding challenge than Cavies drill, which in their words is "mostly illusory . . . we never went more than 80bpm, carefully concealed mirrors did the rest". They also informed me that Phantom's brass philosophy was "way cool", and that they came back from Phantom well-prepared to play at the various prestigious conservatories they attend. The Cavies brass philosophy, by comparison, was labeled "lame" and "wimpy".

They also told me that while they don't remember you from their Cavies days, they "probably didn't like" you.

I swear, half the posts on DCP involve either straw men, imaginary friends, or both . . .

• Like 5

For serious players who aren't interested in becoming music educators, this activity is pretty awful.

A little.

I guess then I should just resign my positions. I obviously shouldn't get paid to play my instrument because I'm not "serious" because I marched too long.

Nothing helpful in getting to work with Peter Bond (New York Met), JD Shaw (Boston Brass/Recording Artist), Mike Martin (Boston Symphony Orchestra), Pat Sheridan (Former Marine Corps President's Own/Wind Ensemble Conductor UCLA/Premiere Soloist), Sam Pilafian (Pink Floyed, Empire Brass, ASU), Mason Daffinee (Former member of Blast), etc.

I learned more working with those guys every day, then I did my entire time in college (all the way to a terminal degree in music performance).

• Like 2

SNIP

I learned more working with those guys every day, then I did my entire time in college (all the way to a terminal degree in music performance).

I learned much more about being a band director from both my marching years in drum corps and my instructor years then I ever did in school.

Heck, I even learned more about acoustical physics in drum corps than in class. ( Of course I had someone else take the class for me to be able to pass and I repaid them by writing their drills. )

• Like 1

greens-plus-powder-original.jpg

Jeff: Please stop making me give you green pluses. Just stop it!

• Like 4