BUCCANEERS ANNOUNCE 2012 COORDINATORS, DESIGNERS, CAPTION HEADS

TomMoore

well, I know this past year a former judge consulted with a corps and did not judge at all. so my hunch would be that person will not be judging this summer.

I'm pretty sure Mark has a full dance card without DCA. He judged 2 shows last year both on percussion and didn't do prelims or finals. If anything it's DCA's loss of a great judge.

Here's a question, if a judge is a "consultant" to a corps in the same circuit he judges, can he still judge in that circuit that year? I know that in the past in the corps I've been involved with, we have had people who had either previously judged or who judged in different circuits (DCI etc) come to consult with the corps I was involved in, but never an active judge from DCA.

Not a shot or anything just an honest question.

I seem to recall that in the 70's and 80's there was a cutoff date, prior to the season starting, for off-season "consultants" ... Pepe had a great line about "consulting" but, I just can't remember it right now ...

:-)

Thanks for the replies guys! I know that Mr. Thurston has been a judge for many of our shows in the past and it will be a shame to not have him again. IMO it's all the Bucs gain!

BTW, the article understated Mark's impact on indoor percussion, and how it has bled over to a lot of what we see now in outdoor marching activities.

Go Hank. You da man.thumbup.gif

Only the Bucs can say goodbye to this much talent and experience and yet, be ever better off the next day! I cannot WAIT to see what these guys come up with! As a percussionist, I am especially excited!

This is going to be another great season for DCA.

Here is something that maybe noone has thought. It is taking 2 promotions and 1 consultant to replace Rich Hammond.

Rich must be one special person.

Olive