Dah Horn Doctah!

Mike (the horn doctor) is without a doubt one of the best repair people around. If he didn't live more than a thousand miles from where I live, I would have him do ALL of my personal horn cleaning and repair work. I would even bring my personal horns to his traveling repair trailer...because Mike is THAT good.

I'm sorry to hear Mr.TsoChicken had a weird experience with him. Honestly, it sounds like you dealt with another horn repair guy. I've personally watched Mike work out of his traveling trailer for several years now (on probably over 3 or 4 dozen instruments at this point), and what he's able to do in that small space is incredible. I've NEVER seen him send a horn back out with solder balls and holes...never. I have, however, seen that kind of slop on repairs from another drum corps repair guy who shall remain nameless...but not from Mike.

Keep up the amazing work, Mike!

You guys haven't seen anything... Ask him to pull out his bagpipes!

• 7 months later...

The tool is used to melt the solder and join the pendant's component which is separated to each other.When choosing the right tool for you then it's worth considering that attempting to solder with a tool that simply doesn't have the power for the task in hand will just result in a waste of time.The Cold Heat Soldering Tool is great for electrical, hobbies, and light PCB work. The sleek ergonomic cordless design is very smart and pleasing, and will look great in any home toolbox.

I don't know what is funnier...

1. The fact you claim I didn't use your service and have you confused with someone else. (When you are clearly marked and have a recognizable name)

2. You tried to bypass the advertisement clause of the site by getting a random person to start a "i heart bac" thread.

And yes, I've seen your ugly mug. Your shop, singlehandedly sends out the (without a doubt) the best trombone slides in the world. The in house made stuff is epic, and trombones sent to you come back with slides of magic. I've dealt with you several times. Each time was nice, in house. In the drum corps arena, not so much.

And no, I'm not going to out where I teach and have dealt with you. Your in house work speaks for itself, your outside stuff does not.

The best way to resolve that, is do a better job cleaning that stuff up.

Everyone else, be forewarned, if you enjoy solder chunks and holes, this is your drum corps repair group. Otherwise, if you can hold off, get it done in house somewhere.

twin.... please..... just stop.

• Like 9

Moderators:

At what point does someone's overwhelming negativity and self-proclaimed "button pushing" become detrimental to the goals and rules of the site?

I have no dog in this particular fight, I'm just commenting on years of reading this person's posts.

I'm all about free speech. I'm not all about nastiness for the sake of nastiness.

I don't know what is funnier...

1. The fact you claim I didn't use your service and have you confused with someone else. (When you are clearly marked and have a recognizable name)

2. You tried to bypass the advertisement clause of the site by getting a random person to start a "i heart bac" thread.

And yes, I've seen your ugly mug. Your shop, singlehandedly sends out the (without a doubt) the best trombone slides in the world. The in house made stuff is epic, and trombones sent to you come back with slides of magic. I've dealt with you several times. Each time was nice, in house. In the drum corps arena, not so much.

And no, I'm not going to out where I teach and have dealt with you. Your in house work speaks for itself, your outside stuff does not.

The best way to resolve that, is do a better job cleaning that stuff up.

Everyone else, be forewarned, if you enjoy solder chunks and holes, this is your drum corps repair group. Otherwise, if you can hold off, get it done in house somewhere.

Edited by dapperpoet
  • Like 7