Should Scouts bring back Empire State of Mind next year?

Should Scouts bring back ESOM next year?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scouts bring back Empire State of Mind next year?

I know those two things are not synonymous, but In my world, you can't have the second thing without the first.

I guess it would depend on the type of emotion they are trying to capture.

They will never capture the same emotion that they had last season, and that isn't a bad thing. Regardless if Madison is "Madison" people will cheer, people will get on their feet, without the emotional connection of ESOM. Look at 2010 for example, the return of Madison.

• 1 month later...

I consider Empire State Of Mind the new "Malaguena....or Malaga". Having said that, I think most people on this thread have a point that it may be too soon for anything more than an encore tune. Then again, we don't know what the show may be in 2012 so you never know. If it fits the theme, maybe so. I will go one step further than saying "just as an encore tune" and add...MANY YEARS FROM NOW IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO BRING BACK! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Honestly i never got the hype on this one.

I agree with you, Alex.

Thats fine. There THOUSANDS of SCREAAAAMING drum corps fans at Finals who gave it THEEEE BIGGEST OVATION OF THE ENTIRE NIGHT..........................no let me go further............................SINCDE 1995.......................DID! :bleah:

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Really....a fact.

And your source is?

Just so all of you know, the Scouts are playing Requiem/Empire State of Mind as an encore piece this year. That is a fact.

• Like 4

Just so all of you know, the Scouts are playing Requiem/Empire State of Mind as an encore piece this year. That is a fact.

Did you hear this at this weekend's camp? If so, I am pumped! ESOM was one of my favorite pieces of the season