new WGI prelims/Semis site

MHSmirage

Totally sucks for the Open and A classes. Another crap decision by WGI for these groups.

I agree, will be an issue now taking an extra hour into travel time and a smaller audience.

It was SO nice buzzing around from prelim site to prelim site in Dayton. There will not be any buzzing on down to catch a guard 45 minutes away.

<sigh>

Really sucks from travel, budget (extra gas), time and convenience factor.

• Like 3

I've said it before - I've always appreciated the fact that my SA guard got at least one performance in the arena, but of course the World class made sure they got all their shows at UD!

• Like 2

I'm hoping that they let us know ASAP what performances will be there rather than wait until February or March!

Ah yes….the joys of the newly formed Daytonnati Metroplex! Dayton and Cincinnati have now grown into each other so much that we’re viewed as one cohesive metro area; much like DFW or the Twin Cities. For those who have to perform at the Cintas Center, it is a beautiful facility, but like what others have discussed, it’s a 45 minute trip from Dayton…and that’s if you don’t have any hiccups. There’s construction all along I-75 from Dayton to Cincy, and if you have the terrible luck of hitting both cities rush hours, you’re looking at a minimum of 90 minutes or more in travel time and a half a tank of gas.

I think WGI was trying to do the right thing, but I think this has backfire written all over it. But I guess we wait and see :w00t:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any updates about this? It's getting to that time where I need to start making deposits on transportation and housing. I don't want to pay on a place in Dayton for Wednesday and Thursday if we'll be in Cinci on Thursday.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard any updates about this? It's getting to that time where I need to start making deposits on transportation and housing. I don't want to pay on a place in Dayton for Wednesday and Thursday if we'll be in Cinci on Thursday.

express that to the office...they tend to be out of touch at times :rolleyes:

express that to the office...they tend to be out of touch at times :rolleyes: