Did you ever make a suggestion to a corps....

I know for a fact...the whole concept for the 1995 Cavies "Planets" show was concieved by Michael Boo while reclining on his luxury yacht sailing the greater Door County, Wisconsin area. The "Rituals" show a year later was developed during a South Milwaukee Fish Fry after his third Lienenkugel.

I've told Michael to switch to the New Glarus stuff...but he doesn't listen.

• Like 1

I have a couple from 2010. The guitar solo at the end of Danzón was originally a piano solo, but I was hanging out in the gym after rehearsal at move-ins with one of our drum majors, playing through my parts for him, and he said "hey, wouldn't that sound cool if it were a guitar?". We tried it out, thought it sounded good, played it for our arranger the next day, and he approved.

Same year, we were playing Danzón in ensemble, and during the fast part of it I put a glissando in a space just for fun, and our arranger called down from the box "I like that! That's in".

• Like 2

I designed the bunny suit in 2006 :ph34r:

• Like 1

I was talking to Wayne after a show in 93 or 94. I hadn’t been around the activity since the late 70s. I asked Wayne if BD had ever done any Don Ellis. He replied, “No”. I said, “Are you kidding! Don Ellis would be perfect for you guys!!!” Lo and behold the next year BD did Don Ellis. So did Madison, but I had nothing to do with that.

Danielray saved DCI from itself in 2011.

Who knew DCI could be saved by 800 pages of nonsense?

• Like 3

I was talking to Wayne after a show in 93 or 94. I hadn't been around the activity since the late 70s. I asked Wayne if BD had ever done any Don Ellis. He replied, "No". I said, "Are you kidding! Don Ellis would be perfect for you guys!!!" Lo and behold the next year BD did Don Ellis. So did Madison, but I had nothing to do with that.

(edit: for those clicking the negative... do the math)

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1