Bluecoats Announce Instructional Staff

wow, Tim Jackson as Vis CH. That'll be interesting to see.

yea really. I guess he learned a lot over at BD. Isn't he a real math genius or something like that? That guy is the best drummer I have ever seen IMO.

• Like 1

yea really. I guess he learned a lot over at BD. Isn't he a real math genius or something like that? That guy is the best drummer I have ever seen IMO.

Yea i believe i got his undergrad in math, so i guess that'll help out alot. He's done some great things with Rhythm X. Hopefully it transfers over well.

It doesn't surprise me too much, although it does a little. He did set up a lot of the visuals in the 2010 season from what I know, including the high brass poses and tenor lean back in the opener, among other things.

It doesn't surprise me too much, although it does a little. He did set up a lot of the visuals in the 2010 season from what I know, including the high brass poses and tenor lean back in the opener, among other things.

Setting up a visual is one thing. Understanding how the hornline needs to control the horn and move with a different style from how a drumline moves are very different things. If the technique is being shopped out to someone else on the staff then sure, why not.

• Like 1

I think we will see a lot of good things from Bluecoats 2012. And all of the top 12 corps, a lot of staff changes going around.

All things considered, there is still a lot of continuity there. Lots of family. Ballsy move seeing "drum" names at the top of that vis category.

Setting up a visual is one thing. Understanding how the hornline needs to control the horn and move with a different style from how a drumline moves are very different things. If the technique is being shopped out to someone else on the staff then sure, why not.

Hasnt it always been that way?

You imply that a visual caption head has to be a brass player. Brass people dont know the mechanics of moving with a drum or guard equipment, but many successful captions heads still somehow did it.

The caption heads have always relied on the instructional staff to make sure the technique is followed.

• Like 1

A caption head is only one person on a team of instructors.

A caption head is only as good as the instructors he surrounds himself with. I'm sure Tim will do just that and be quite good at what he does!

Edited by euphplayer07