Fantasy Drum Corps Appearance

One for us Jews. If you're not Jewish, try to imagine.

A key moment in one of the Jewish High Holiday services is each year at Rosh Hashanah when we

(shoh-FAR), a ram's horn used in ancient times like a trumpet. Once an alarm or a military signal, the shofar today is still meant to inspire awe, among other things.

My fantasy comes every year. As the rabbi gives the first cue to the shofar blowers - teh-KEE-ah - I close my eyes. Not quite praying, but definitely hoping, I open my eyes to see if the Blue Devils hornline is arrayed behind me. Alas, they're not. It's a different awe. And that's okay. Next year...

HH

What, was '92 Vanguard not Jewish enough for ya?

I keed, I keed! :tongue:

Phantom in the Choir Loft of any random cathedral playing Elsa's as my beautiful bride comes down the aisle.

Crossmen 1998, at the school where I teach now, dressed in our uniforms, and against our rival school. It would make us much bigger (we only have 40) and it would put to rest which band is better. They have almost 180 each year, and blow their brains out, but we beat them at competitions, but most Joe-Hotdog-Eatting fans think they are better because they are louder. We (the disguised Crossmen 1998) could put that all to rest with just the opener. :worthy: