Vintage T-Shirts. A whole box of 'em.

What-to-do?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do I do with a box of Vintage DCI Shirts?

• Keep them for posterity
    • Sell them
    • Donate them

I have a full copy-paper box full of vintage DCI t-shirts. They're all late '80's to early '90's.

Corps represented:

The Troopers

Phantom Regiment

Vanguard

BD

Cadets

Crossmen

Boston

Scouts

Cavies

Suncoast Sound

And others at the bottom of the box that I didn't get to.

Do I keep them and continue to move them from house to house? I'm probably going to be moving in the next 6 months and really need to not move "stuff" for the sake of keeping it

Do I sell them? It would need to be worth something to justify the time spent on pictures, postings, etc.

Do I just send them to Goodwill so some kids in Africa can buy them for $1 and get use out of them?

I had quite a few that I donated just this week; though they don't go back as far as yours. It's that dang "closet shrinkage" thing. I just donated them to a local charity that operates a second hand store. A good rule of thumb to use for an estimated donation value is approx. one third of the item's original cost.

Edited by Grumpy

If you are going to donate them, I suggest you contact Steve Vickers @ Drum Corps World.

He has (or had) a Drum Corps Trivia Exhibition at LOS each year during DCI Championship week.

Not sure if he did it more than one year.

Since it's one box it would probably be easy to ship it to him.

I moved this past May and packed up all 280 of my DCI tee collection into suitcases and boxes. I'm willing to give them to Steve,

but don't have the $$$ for shipping !!

I also have 90 WGI tees and 50 DCA tees, If anyone is interested, pm or e-mail me.

All DCI tees are from '89-11. DCA tees are '64-'06 and WGI tees are '93-'11.

Thanks--Norm Reed

• Like 1

our corps collects donations of these types of drum corps items,.....and sells them on ebay as an ongoing fundraiser,.............it takes time, but works out pretty well,........we currently have listings of LPs, cassettes, program books, etc .....I'd pay the shipping if you would like to donate them, and give you a letter acknowledging the donation,................

Thanks, Gary. I like your approach!

I won't be able to get to the box until January, but I'll get in touch with you then.

I suggest you keep one of each

I have a full copy-paper box full of vintage DCI t-shirts. They're all late '80's to early '90's.

Corps represented:

The Troopers

Phantom Regiment

Vanguard

BD

Cadets

Crossmen

Boston

Scouts

Cavies

Suncoast Sound

And others at the bottom of the box that I didn't get to.

Do I keep them and continue to move them from house to house? I'm probably going to be moving in the next 6 months and really need to not move "stuff" for the sake of keeping it

Do I sell them? It would need to be worth something to justify the time spent on pictures, postings, etc.

Do I just send them to Goodwill so some kids in Africa can buy them for $1 and get use out of them?

Please take pictures of them so that I can put them on my website:

www.drumcorpscollectibles

I am going to expand the site to include t-shirts, corp jackets, uniforms etc.

I will credit you with the submissions and then you could follow the suggestions of the others.

If anyone had a drum corps collectible please take pictures and submit them to my site. I would greatly appreciate it!

Please feel to contact me if you have any questions. My email is listed on the web-site or you can simply click the "contact" button.

Thanks for your help.