Is this instrument allowed.....?

Didgeridoo.

Some consider it a percussion instrument, some consider it an aerophone. Carolina Crown used synthesized didgeridoo tones in 2009, but not an actual didgeridoo. If a drum corps had a real one in the pit, would that break any rules?

This is purely out of curiosity. I know of no drum corps that are even considering using one.

God, I hope not.

• Like 2

Here's another opinion: Hell No! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Slide whistles, Bird Calls, bottles, etc... can be used as peripheral aerophone instruments in the percussion section. So, it stands to reason (and this is a guess) that if the Didgeridoo was used in the same peripheral manner as those instruments it would logically fall under that same auxiliary category.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

Slide whistles, Bird Calls, bottles, etc... can be used as peripheral aerophone instruments in the percussion section. So, it stands to reason (and this is a guess) that if the Didgeridoo was used in the same peripheral manner as those instruments it would logically fall under that same auxiliary category.

Thank you! This is the exact kind of logical, serious, factual answer I was looking for! :thumbup:

I asked for no opinions, just facts. I was hoping that people would respect that. Can the mods please close this if it continues?

Honestly - let 'em close it!

" OMG! You broke my rules!!!!!!!!" Lame! :tongue:

• Like 3

Thank you! This is the exact kind of logical, serious, factual answer I was looking for! :thumbup:

But... I said it was just a logical *guess*; and that also presupposes the people within DCI are logical when making their rules.

Edited by Stu