Revamped Classic Countdown

The Classic Countdown should revamp the format and do something of this nature.

1) Best percussion moments/features- Show segments of shows with classic drum features or moments, similar to the "Echoes in Artistry" CD series. You could show Madison 75-Dueling Banjos, Blue Devils 2009 Feature, Crossmen 96 Opener, etc. An hour or so of that plus...

2) Best Brass moments- Same concept as #1 but with the hornline. Madison 75 "Slaughter", Blue Devils 92 "When a Man Loves a Woman," Phantom 95 "Rhapsody on a Theme"

I think a night of classic moments, and not just shows would be awesome.

Thoughts? Or, thoughts on what moments you would include for #1 or #2.

Edited by ibexpercussion
  • Like 3

Have a Claasic Countdown highlighting the changes over the decades:

Piston/Rotor corps

2v corps

3v corps

Bb corps

early pit corps

pit with everything including the kitchen sink corps :devil:

vocal corps (too bad lates 70s Cadets didn't do 'Amen')

amped corps

synth corps

use of props corps

etc, etc, and etc.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Blue Devils 2009 Feature

Really? REALLY? Where's the difficulty? Where are the stick tricks? Where's the lick that makes me go WHOOOOOOA!

If you're looking for a similar BD that's actually impressive, check out 2004.

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 2

ANYTHING would be better than the lame format they have had for the last few years, which I think is little more than a DCI recruiting gimmick (get the bandos in, and get them hooked). I haven't gone because the closest theater from my house is a good hour's drive and I already have the last 10 years on DVD...why would I want to drive an hour to see something I can watch in the comfort of my home? Show us some of the older shows we CAN'T see on Fan Network-like '94 Velvet Knights, for example. Didn't score well, but was one of the funniest shows I can remember. Maybe have folks vote for the top shows to NOT make Finals, and limit it to pre-2000; again, the stuff you CAN'T get on FN. Just MHO, but I know that format would get me back in the theater.

• Like 4

I actually think they should show a last season's highlights to get us in the mood for the upcoming DCI season. And also to plug their first weekend broadcast. I think that makes the most sense.

Also, maybe a plug for some sweet deals on the DVDs of 1974-1999. Once you own those DVDs then why would I bother going to the theater at all. I can pop my own popcorn.

• Like 1

Really? REALLY? Where's the difficulty? Where are the stick tricks? Where's the lick that makes me go WHOOOOOOA!

If you're looking for a similar BD that's actually impressive, check out 2004.

You could also include the 2003 opening for BD as well.

You could also include the 2003 opening for BD as well.

Or just that whole show. I LOVE IT. And they march their ##### off for most of that show.

• Like 1

I think the countdown might just be a lost cause. Last couple of times I went the theater had like 5 people in it. While quarterfinals comes close to selling out if it doesn't actually sell out every year at the theater I go to. And it's nothing I can't watch on DVD or Fan Network.

ANYTHING would be better than the lame format they have had for the last few years, which I think is little more than a DCI recruiting gimmick (get the bandos in, and get them hooked). I haven't gone because the closest theater from my house is a good hour's drive and I already have the last 10 years on DVD...why would I want to drive an hour to see something I can watch in the comfort of my home? Show us some of the older shows we CAN'T see on Fan Network-like '94 Velvet Knights, for example. Didn't score well, but was one of the funniest shows I can remember. Maybe have folks vote for the top shows to NOT make Finals, and limit it to pre-2000; again, the stuff you CAN'T get on FN. Just MHO, but I know that format would get me back in the theater.

How about a night called "13"? Have fans vote on the best 10 or 12 thirteenth place shows and put 'em up on the screen.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 2