The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

A better solution would have been to play the audio with a photo slide show from the performance. The audio and video aren't synced so there wouldn't be a problem with the rights. You still would get a sense of what was going on in the show.

This has been discussed previously on here, but FWIW even if you put audio of Empire State of Mind and put it to a slide show, you're still syncing the music with imagery (which Madison Scouts did not obtain the rights to). Basically, the ONLY thing Scouts/DCI can do at this point without violating copyright laws is either video w/out audio, or audio w/out video.

sorry, I did not mean to stir up that entire debate again.......had not heard whether anything had been worked out before the DVD's were released and thought I would ask if anyone had any info!

• Like 1

sorry, I did not mean to stir up that entire debate again.......had not heard whether anything had been worked out before the DVD's were released and thought I would ask if anyone had any info!

No worries; I apologize if I came across as knocking you, or anyone else, down or something. From what I know the Madison issue is a done deal: they couldn't get sync rights, are likely not going to get the sync rights, and the DVD's will be incomplete. I'd LOVE to read an update from Madison or DCI saying there's a change, but that seems unlikely.

On the plus side (and back On Topic), I'm starting to get excited to see the Blu-rays. I'm a tech geek, so I love reading about the specs and details of the blu's and can't wait to see my first DCI blu-rays. The cool thing is I'm hoping they'll be here in the next 7-10 days: if that happens, I'll be done with marching band season, on Thanksgiving break, and will have plenty of down time to devote to enjoying high def DCI!! :thumbup:

Edited by perc2100

So is there anyone in the know about whether the disc's started shipping yesterday or will today as was expected?

Really anxious/excited drum corps fan here. :bigsmile:

Not sure. All I know is DCI planned to ship them out yesterday AND today according to what they put on Facebook earlier in the week.

Now, with today being Veteran's Day ... that could affect things as well.

Now, with today being Veteran's Day ... that could affect things as well.

If they used the USPS this would be a problem. I am pretty sure UPS is running like normal today!

• Like 1

So...I just got a refund e-mail from DCI Store for $9 and change for my DVD order...wonder what's up with that...

So...I just got a refund e-mail from DCI Store for $9 and change for my DVD order...wonder what's up with that...

I don't know why they would refund shipping ... but my shipping was $9.41 before the $3 handling. Just a thought I had when I read your post.

My shipping was $19 and change...so it could be part of the shipping, but I requested 2 day air shipping...maybe they decided not to ship via air....who knows...

My shipping was $19 and change...so it could be part of the shipping, but I requested 2 day air shipping...maybe they decided not to ship via air....who knows...

That sounds absolutely reasonable.