The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

My card was officially charged, so I would assume they are shipping this week.

On a side note, has anyone else had an issue with DCI ordering when using different billing and shipping addresses?? I have gone back and forth with them since I placed my order, and after receiving my confirmation today, they STILL weren't right.

I don't understand why this would even be an issue, but...

Also... does anyone know how these ship? USPS, UPS, FedEx?? I'm curious as to what their procedures are if no one is home to accept the package.

On a side note, has anyone else had an issue with DCI ordering when using different billing and shipping addresses?? I have gone back and forth with them since I placed my order, and after receiving my confirmation today, they STILL weren't right.

Also... does anyone know how these ship? USPS, UPS, FedEx?? I'm curious as to what their procedures are if no one is home to accept the package.

This might be wildly irrelevant due to passage of time, but back in the 90's I had a different shipping address from my billing address and never had any issues.

I realize this was quite awhile ago, but it might help ease your concerns at least a little bit :satisfied:

This might be wildly irrelevant due to passage of time, but back in the 90's I had a different shipping address from my billing address and never had any issues.

I realize this was quite awhile ago, but it might help ease your concerns at least a little bit :satisfied:

It shouldn't be. But when I first checked my order after I placed it, they had one address for both shipping and billing. So I emailed and spelled out which address I wanted for each one.

Then today, they have the OTHER address for both shipping and billing.

VERY awesome!

I also appreciate that Mr. Blaire (Cavalier FMM) employs a Director who is also a drum corps veteran (director marched Glassmen and Blue Devils). When the two guys running the production have been in the activity and know the in's and out's, the production has a better understanding of what needs to be featured, which detail needs to be the focus of a shot, etc.

I've always appreciated Mr. Blaire's work on the videos and CD's over the years, and I'm REALLY looking forward to see the 2011 Blu-rays (my first DCI Blu-ray purchase/experience).

:thumbup:

It shouldn't be. But when I first checked my order after I placed it, they had one address for both shipping and billing. So I emailed and spelled out which address I wanted for each one.

Then today, they have the OTHER address for both shipping and billing.

From my experience, that's not a problem with DCI. I believe you have to have both addresses listed with your credit card company. DCI can only ship to the address that is assigned to your card. Since I added a second address with my credit card company, I have had no problems shipping to an address different from the billing address.

From my experience, that's not a problem with DCI. I believe you have to have both addresses listed with your credit card company. DCI can only ship to the address that is assigned to your card. Since I added a second address with my credit card company, I have had no problems shipping to an address different from the billing address.

Not trying to belittle your experience here, but last year they shipped to an address of mine that was no longer associated with my card. This year, they are also shipping to an address that has never been associated with my card. I think it all has to do with what you have set up in your account on the DCI Store. I took off that old school address they accidentally shipped to last year and there were no problems with it this year.

IIRC, they have always used UPS in the past. Unfortunately, I have always had some major issues with UPS and wish we could get another option-I would even pay extra to have them delivered another way, but it is what it is. That being said, UPS will NOT leave the package without a signature-so if no one is home and there are no neighbors close by who aren't home, your other option is to trek to UPS to pick it up (one reason I have an issue with them-it requires nearly an hour (one way) to get to their delivery depot from my house).

That being said, UPS will NOT leave the package without a signature-so if no one is home and there are no neighbors close by who aren't home, your other option is to trek to UPS to pick it up (one reason I have an issue with them-it requires nearly an hour (one way) to get to their delivery depot from my house).

I guess that depends on the driver. Last year, mine came so early that I needed to put on pants and shoes to go answer the door. By the time I got to the door, the UPS man was already back at his truck. He had left the package right beside the door.

I guess that depends on the driver. Last year, mine came so early that I needed to put on pants and shoes to go answer the door. By the time I got to the door, the UPS man was already back at his truck. He had left the package right beside the door.

I know I've had to make the drive at least twice. On the tag they left at the door, the box was checked that said "signature required". If there is a place to leave it that is relatively secure and weatherproof, you can sign the tag and they will leave the package the next day. Unfortunately, where I live there really isn't anyplace where the package can be left so I'm forced to make the drive if the neighbors aren't around. "Early delivery" here for UPS would be around noon! :tongue: