The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

What's the 4th corps edited?

Crown pre-show

Cavies pre-show

Madison last 2 minutes..

who's #4..and are all of these on both the CD and DVD?

I'm pretty sure Madison's edit is only on the DVD. If they cut the CD too, saying I'm mad would be an understatement.

Glad I didn't buy anything yet...

DCI should have had us all in the know right as soon as they went on sale. This is a big OOPS on their part. Heck people would probably be less mad if they would have at least notified everyone what exactly was missing. We all knew of Scouts... but the other ones? Nope.

And I haven't checked FN yet, but if they just changed the shows on there... something FISHY is going on.

DCI has to stop messing up if they want to KEEP and GAIN fans.

• Like 2

True, but I think the problem most are having, myself as well, is that DCI did not alert the changes on the audio recordings to anyone. We only knew about it once the CD's started arriving at people homes. Also that DCI seems to think the changes make no effect on the show at all. That is just horrible business customer service.

I still don't understand what the fuss is about. Are people returning the CDs/DVDs as a protest for years of bad customer service? Or would they have not purchased the CDs/DVDs in the first place if they knew about the missing carolina crown pre-show or missing 30 second of cavies show? (we've known about the missing scouts portion for a while)

Maybe I am not hard core enough about DCI to get all worked up about this. I'm hard core enough to buy the blu-ray. And next summer I'm flying to Indy for my first ever DCI finals outside of the state of Texas.

Right now I'm thrilled that the blu-ray (albeit imperfect) for one of the most entertaining DCI finals on record is about to arrive in my mailbox any day now. So even after I read this entire thread I can't understand why people are reacting with such outrage.

• Like 3

Anyway... how is the audio this year. In an article they talked about switching up mic placement. Just wondering how that actually turned out.

And the Scouts ending is missing on the CD? I thought we were told that was DEFINITELY going to be on the CD. And that would make no sense, since it's only sync rights they did not secure.

What's the 4th corps edited?

Crown pre-show

Cavies pre-show

Madison last 2 minutes..

who's #4..and are all of these on both the CD and DVD?

Stupid me...3 corps is 25%....and I'm an accountant... :blink:

• Like 1

And the Scouts ending is missing on the CD? I thought we were told that was DEFINITELY going to be on the CD. And that would make no sense, since it's only sync rights they did not secure.

I think people are returning the CDs because of the missing crown pre-show and the 30 seconds of cavies. If they can do audio only of the scouts closer on the dvds I imagine they won't have any problem with including the audio on the CDs.

Glad I didn't buy anything yet...

DCI should have had us all in the know right as soon as they went on sale. This is a big OOPS on their part. Heck people would probably be less mad if they would have at least notified everyone what exactly was missing. We all knew of Scouts... but the other ones? Nope.

And I haven't checked FN yet, but if they just changed the shows on there... something FISHY is going on.

DCI has to stop messing up if they want to KEEP and GAIN fans.

the entire 2011 Season of performances of Crown and Cavies no longer exist on the FN ....

I think people are returning the CDs because of the missing crown pre-show and the 30 seconds of cavies. If they can do audio only of the scouts closer on the dvds I imagine they won't have any problem with including the audio on the CDs.

I think the problem is that they don't have any of the rights to put those two on the CD's. Sync rights is only for the DVDs/Blu-ray. And I forget what the rights are called just for audio only.

I saw someone lurking who might be able to answer some questions though. devil.gif

I see you Mr Blair. Don't want to chime in yet?

• Like 2