Chase Community Giving

BD9

Oregon Crusaders and Academy each get $100,000 through the support of the Drum Corps community...how awesome would that be? And how many of the other 98 gifts of $25,000 will go towards other pageantry related organizations?

THIS IS THE GOLD MINE WE ALL DREAM ABOUT FOR OUR GROUPS, PEOPLE! Put your philosophical differences aside and get our beloved Drum Corps into this free money! Less than 2 days to vote! It all ends Nov. 22!

Chase created the criteria and populated the list of who they will be giving the money away to, and whether you think Drum Corps is a worthy cause, it is OUR cause. We can all get on board and help a TON of our groups as the cost of doing this rises and rises! Nothing wrong with that!

My group is Oregon, but we support all the groups! Vote for OC and then all the other links are readily available in the Chase search bar - 10 votes! Cascades, Crossmen, Colts, Academy - just to name a few...post the others in here as well.

Just vote! This is KILLER!

https://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/931285710-oregon-crusaders?src=twitter

• Like 1

This is just awful that people would vote for performing arts organizations over real charities that really need the money. I love drum corps, but it does not consume my life to the point where I will vote in favor of giving money to drum corps so kids can march and have fun instead of giving money to other charities so kids can eat, get the medical attention they need, etc. and survive. It is absolutely tasteless. It is materialism at its worst.

did you post on DCP with a computer? Or your smart phone? You know how many starving people you could feed with that money instead?

This is just awful that people would vote for performing arts organizations over real charities that really need the money. I love drum corps, but it does not consume my life to the point where I will vote in favor of giving money to drum corps so kids can march and have fun instead of giving money to other charities so kids can eat, get the medical attention they need, etc. and survive. It is absolutely tasteless. It is materialism at its worst.

Was just thinking this. A vote for a drum corps in this competition is not a vote that will help people have a better life, but rather a vote that will help an organization to further its fundraising goals. Kids who are marching drum corps have already won the economic lottery, for the most part. Let's face it: if a corps wins money, it isn't going to actually use that money to create a lasting endowment -- it will use the money to not have to raise as much money this year. This is crazy! The members won't see a reduction in fees. The buses won't break down less. YEA! won like $200k this summer, and fees are *still* about $4000/kid.

I'd rather see money go to groups who are helping preserve the environment, feed people who are actually challenged, or help contribute to science in some way. Drum corps is great, but this is, in my opinion, not a "contest" where the corps should be competing. Very strange.

• Like 3

Marching drum corps changed my life. I know it doesn't have as direct an effect as other charities, but it changes people. It inspires people, shows people like me that amazing things really are possible, that we are capable of incredible things. It arms us with tools that make us successful. Maybe it doesnt directly help lower costs or anything but it ensures that the experience and activity is still there, and still able to impact a lot of kids.

Edited by BD9
  • Like 1

I'm Sorry, did I just see someone post on Drum Corps Planet that Drum Corps is not worth asking a megabank to give free money to?

I'll choose to ignore that, and simply ask that ye drum corps community lend their Oregon friends a bit of a hand... let's make Academy AND Oregon big winners on Tuesday!

PLEASE make sure we do all that we can to bump our activity into the BIG MONEY!

I chose 10 with my head and my heart

Reviewed and voted late in the day

Got to go and prepare for our event

Held later this week and worth 80K

We’re always looking for effective funds

Our volunteer base is quite small

To avoid burnout, we try to make it easy

Fundraise smart with a bit of fun; that’s all …

... i have to say :smile:

I beleive that this activity we call drum corps does more than create better musicians, It creates leadership and life skills that will help the members become wonderful adults. They will be the ones working and striving to make thigns better everywhere they go. They learn drive and motivation and team work. How can that be bad. It is the future we are talking about. Not just self servicing the activity. Ask any person who marched and if they don't beleive what I said, I would be shocked. The Oregon Crusaders is a wonderful organization that changes kids lives. Most leave drum corps and go on to other things like teaching, engineering and many others. As I said, this is the future. These kids dont sit around playing video games. They learn how to be adults evven if they do not know it. LOL

Now go out and vote for All of the drum corps.

Please vote for OC, :-)

You are giving the Chase Foundation your information.

It's purpose is to make sure it is YOU who voted and not some automated bot program who could spoof your identity.

It is actually very cumbersome to cast a vote in this program and all of it is to attempt to guarantee the sanctity of each vote cast.

How do I know this...I asked. The Academy is in the running for one of the top five positions and every vote matters to us, to the other competing charities and to the Chase Foundation.

So, it's a little bit of a hassle...I get it. No one is ever going to force you to vote...but how about this. How about I send you a donation form for The Academy for our Pledge 25 program. You make a 4 year commitment at $25 per year.

Just message me your address information and I'll send one your way.

Thanks!

Well put Tom, A vote for OC would be nice too!!!!!!!! :-)

Amazing things are happening in the Chase Race - TWO count em TWO Drum Corps are poised to get that $100,000!!!! Help guarantee OC and Academy a top 5 victory!!! Help guarantee top 100 for all the other groups and a $25,000 grant!

OC in 6th, Academy in 5th! Many many more in the top 100!

VOTE!!! 1 day 19 hours left!!!

https://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/

I'd rather see money go to groups who are helping preserve the environment, feed people who are actually challenged, or help contribute to science in some way.

I would generally agree, Sam, but there's a key thing to consider: very few of the orgs who appear in the leaderboard are involved in health, science or human services.Those organizations will always have a better shot of raising funds through the traditional methods (large corporate grants and deep-pockets funders for major gifts, wide based small donor support for everything else).

The majority of the orgs in the running now appear to be involved in animal rescue in one way or another. So if it makes anyone feel better, this challenge is really drum corps vs pet shelters. Given the much greater number of people who donate to pet shelters and rescue missions than to drum corps, it seems a harmless and simple way to help balance that real world equation.

• Like 1