Anybody notice any other OOPS?

If I am not mistaken ..... (and correct me if I am wrong), but ...

Juliet does not "kill" herself in the "multi-view" version of Phantoms' show on the DVDs.

Watch the FN version of the finals, and she clearly doesn't just stand there at the end with it pointed down at her ...

so I guess the packages we see are edited together from the semis, prelims and finals (in some cases).

Edited by ashevillemurphy

If I am not mistaken ..... (and correct me if I am wrong), but ...

Juliet does not "kill" herself in the "multi-view" version of Phantoms' show on the DVDs.

Watch the FN version of the finals, and she clearly doesn't just stand there at the end with it pointed down at her ...

so I guess the packages we see are edited together from the semis, prelims and finals (in some cases).

I assume that even the folks who put together the DVD's/Blu-rays are over the "hey, we need to squeak a few more tenths out of the show what should we do?" "I don't know, kill someone off again?" "Sigh...OK" :ph34r:

:tongue:

• Like 2

Disappointed not to see the Finals ending. I noticed that she does kill herself in the High Camera angle.

Anyone know why the 2 different endings based on the camera angle? Perhaps the camera man on the field wasn't in a good position to capture it?

If I had to stipulate, I'd say that maybe the judges got into the way of the camera man, or maybe the camera man wasn't in position to get the best show (I think the host on the Finals FN is a little awkward, if not less than ideal). I'm sure in a situation where the camera men only have one chance to get the best shot finals night, they almost have to use chunks from other performances to get the most desired cinematography for each corps' performance.

• Like 1

IIRC, *somewhere* on this forum in the past few days, I recall Tom Blair saying that judges or other factors will sometimes mess up shots and I'm sure that quite a bit of footage ends up on the cutting room floor when they are putting these together after season's end. Here's a great marketing idea for DCI...put together a "bloopers" DVD of some of the gaffe's that have never made it onto the "finished product" over the years. I bet it would be a hoot!

• Like 3

IIRC, *somewhere* on this forum in the past few days, I recall Tom Blair saying that judges or other factors will sometimes mess up shots and I'm sure that quite a bit of footage ends up on the cutting room floor when they are putting these together after season's end. Here's a great marketing idea for DCI...put together a "bloopers" DVD of some of the gaffe's that have never made it onto the "finished product" over the years. I bet it would be a hoot!

"America's Funniest Dropped Rifle Tosses" might be a good DVD to produce......